Chap 34. The reason why

It was yet another day at school. No, correction. It was a another day at school without Luke. Somehow, the word got out. Literally everyone in school knows about how Luke ended up in the hospital and their dad. Or should they even call him that anymore?

  There were bags under Lucas's eyes. He can hear the whispers of his name along the corridor as he walk pass people. Students and heck, even teachers were giving him looks of pity and judging. 

  Who were they to judge really? They know nothing. 

  Some say that rumor kills, maybe it's true anyway. If you're not killed by one, you're more or less drag into the pit of depression or low self - esteem. You couldn't handle the looks they were giving you, the fingers pointing all towards you. 

  Lucas was trying hard not to pay attention to the foolish people who believes easily. But he was failing. 

  He slams his locker shut with a loud bang. The sound echos through the whole corridor, even the people who weren't originally looking at him are turning their heads to stare at him. Lucas became very aware of them and walked off to his first class...... ah, just the best to start a day huh? 

  Psychology. 

  Great. Just what I want. Lucas thought sarcastically.

  After separating ways with his best friends, Charlie, Sera and Lina, Lucas sit on his usual seat and stare into the space in front of him. 

  Slowly, students began to pile in and each seat were occupied by a person, just except for the seat beside Lucas. For with will always wait for it's owner to return. But till then, it's going to remain unseated. 

  Lucas took out his doodle book and started to draw random shapes on it. He was using extra strength to draw today or maybe he had been since school started after what happened to Luke. Although the students still talk in hush tones but that doesn't mean Lucas couldn't hear them. 

  He hates it especially some purposely said it aloud so that he can hear it. Yeah, the bullies. Every school has them. They provoked you for no reason, drive you insane, so bad that you wanted to punch them in the face. 

  And that's exactly what Lucas did a couple of days ago. 

  Luckily or unluckily, no serious damage was done to the bunch of idiots. Though Lucas did got a day of suspension while the bully just got sent off to the nurse because of a mere bleeding nose. 

  This is another problem of some schools. They take actions base on what they see or what the public see. They couldn't care less to actually investigate on the problem. Who started it? Why did Lucas hit someone? What happened before the fight?  

  They make the wrong decision or maybe punish the wrong person. Yes, Lucas is indeed at fault for hitting someone or starting a physical fight. But the other person started a verbal bully first. Maybe the level of verbal isn't as bad as physical, maybe a day of suspension was too much. But that bully ...... getting away with no punishment at all is unacceptable. 

  So unfortunate for Lucas, New East was one of those schools who doesn't take real responsibility. 

  Finally, the graphite pencil snap broken. Lucas used too much strength. The sound of was loud enough to attract people. 

  People looks over at him. Some giving an uninterested glance before resuming their work but some shook their heads at him and snickers slightly. That very moment, Lucas felt as thought.... the whole school was against him.