Chap 7. Cafe Delight

It was early in the morning ,  Lucas was just getting ready for yet another day. He walks down the stairs and was expecting a lonely living room like usual with a few piece of burned toast or expired cereal boxes on the table by Mr Hills who sometime prepares breakfast before heading to work. 

  But instead,there was no toast, no cereal, no bread.... absolutely nothing. Just his dear old twin standing and leaning by the door with his backpack ready. ' Why are you here? ' Lucas ask though it came out more of a snap. Well someone has a morning temper. Luke overslept every time and was always late for school. 

  ' This is my house too you know. ' Luke state the obvious. ' Of course I know that, idiot. I mean why are standing here so early? Shouldn't you still be in bed? ' Lucas adjusted his sling back that is over his shoulder and walk towards Luke lazily. The other brother shrug his shoulder. ' Not sleepy today. ' A simple excuse covering up the whole story. Just perfect. 

  Lucas looks at him then at the door. He is thinking of what to do. ' Come on, let's go grab breakfast. ' Luke pull Lucas's wrist and out of the door. ' Wha...What!!? No!! I'm not going to eat breakfast with you!! I'm not going to eat breakfast at all!!! ' Lucas tried to struggle out of Luke's tight grip. 

  ' No you're not. I don't want to bring you to the hospital if you had any sickness. And I'm definitely going to make you use your savings for the medication. ' Luke held his wrist tighter and pull him along the streets. Lucas stubbornly refuse and kept on resisting. The twins well, more like Luke glide his way towards the cute restaurant he usually visits for breakfast while dragging Lucas along behind him. 

  The door of Cafe Delight was pushed open, creating a melodic sound of the bell ringing. The cashier looks up and was delighted to see his first customer. ' Luke. You're here. ' Luke's warm smile immediately make it's way up to his face and pull his struggling brother in. 

  ' Hey Harley. ' Luke greeted while Lucas finally managed to get out of the devil's grip. The beautiful boy, Harley's smile faded slightly when he sees his favourite customer was not alone today. ' Oh, uh....whose this?' he ask nicely but still furrowing his eyebrows. 

  ' Harley, meet Lucas, my younger twin. Lucas, this is Harley, my friend. ' Lucas straightened his posture and held out a hand to shake, of course not missing the chance to sent a death glare towards Luke. Harley took the hand hesitantly and put on his best smile. ' So.....what would you like to order Lucas? ' Harley ask. Lucas scan the menu real quick until he sees his cravings........ 'pasta!!!! ' He cries out. 

  ' Seriously?? Pasta? For breakfast? ' Luke ask, uncertain. ' Shut up. Don't you dare disrespect my taste. ' Lucas threatens while Luke mainly held both his hand up as a sign of clear surrender. Harley giggles and shakes his head slightly while typing in the machine. Luke walk towards his favourite spot and sat down on the comfy bean bag. ' Wait. Aren't you going to order? ' Lucas was still by the counter, pointing at Harley. 

  Before Luke say anything, Harley cuts in. ' He always wants the same things. I already know them. ' he flashes Luke a grin that seems to can just light up anyone's day. Lucas, being the oblivious one, eyes them back and forth, trying to guess out the chemistry between his older brother and the cashier who he just met. 

  There was a deep silence between them. Listening to the soft piano soundtrack the cafe was playing, the two brothers seem to melt into the smooth music. ' Why did you bring me here? ' Lucas ask, curiosity lace in his tone. Luke merely stares out of the window beside him, not acknowledging Lucas's question. The younger twin thought he was being ignore again but after a few seconds, Luke answered. ' Because I wanted to . ' Don't you just hate such sort of trash reply?