Chap 12. The " Perfect " date

' It's beautiful. ' 

  Luke and Aaron are currently sitting on the small wooden tree house high on top, staring down at the crystal clear stream flowing freely. They had arrived at a deserted woods only a few miles away from town. ' When was the last time we visited? ' Aaron mutters softly and sighs sadly.

  ' Eight. Ten years ago. Dang, that's a long time. ' Luke would never forget the peaceful times together with Aaron here in this beautiful part of nature. The teen smiles at the words and whispers ' Oh yes ...... I remember when we always got ice cream from Mr. Clair before coming here to enjoy it. ' 

  Luke chuckles, remembering the good old days. ' Yeah. Triple chocolate scoops with sprinkles on top for me and plain Oreo delight for you. ' Aaron just wants to drool at the mention of his favourite ice cream flavour. ' Well, it's just too bad Mr. Clair isn't here anymore.... ' He looks down and dangle his feet that hangs from the edge.  

  The old man passed away when he was fifty - six. No one was to be blamed, only that a sickness got him. The boys remember that particular day when both of them snoop into the funeral, just to have a last look at the man who was always so kind to them. It wasn't the best childhood memory. In fact, it may just be the most heartbreaking one. 

  Aaron, being the more sensitive between the two, can recall the whole scene clearly as if it's just yesterday. What he had assumed, relatives and friends mourning over Mr. Clair, crying over the coffin, embracing one another to get that little warmth and comfort. The atmosphere was heavy, almost unbearable for his fragile heart. 

  Even if time had passed for so many years, Aaron would never forget the day that he was enveloped in a protective and loving arms where he cried openly. The chest that his head once laid, the hands that wrapped around him and the smoothing words that gave him easement and condolence. What can I say? Luke's bear hug are simply the best. 

  ' Why have we stop coming here, Luke? ' Aaron ask, leaning his head on the taller boy's shoulder. They say the height of you partner in this position matters the most. If they're too tall, you can't reach. If they're too short, well.... you can imagine. Aaron fitted just perfectly, the upper part of his body too, seem to slightly rest on Luke who didn't mind.  

  ' You know why..... and besides, it's just too far away. ' Luke puts an arm around the smaller figure. Aaron sighs softly and snuggle close into the welcoming heat. 

  Luke has a shady hint of pink on his cheeks when he sees Aaron's action. A foolish but cute smile plastered on his face as they were once again pulled into silence. Only the calming sound of flowing water, the melodic sound of birds chirping and light wind blowing were heard. The feeling of rare peace and tranquility. 

   ' You know, it wouldn't hurt to let go sometime right? ' Aaron cautiously ask out of the blue. Luke doesn't want to hear it, not this topic again. ' It would. And what's worst is that I'm not the one whose going to hurt the most. ' His eyes hardened. Aaron pushes himself away, much to Luke's disappointment, and stares at the boy's good - looking face by the side.

  Luke, who felt the burning gaze, turn to stare back at Aaron. They look deep into each others eyes. Looking-- No! Searching for something. With desperation. Aaron wants an explanation whereas Luke yearns for an solution. Two different things that might actually just lead to the same answer.

  They were just so caught up staring into each other, taking in every detailed part. From Aaron's beautifully curved lips to Luke's dazzling green eyes. They were leaning in closer and closer unconsciously, but their eyes still held captive. The lips seconds away from touching, the breathing so hot, they could feel the air sizzling on their skin. Dramatic? Yes. But still, truth.