Chap 17. The lucky note receiver

' I'll come to you now. Don't do anything stupid! Just stay put okay?! '

  Lucas stares at Luke's trembling back as he talk to the person on the other side of the phone. Luke puts hang up and slam it on the desk. He held his face with both hands and sighs in frustration and worry. 

  ' Whose that? ' Lucas walk forwards and was about to check Luke's phone but was snatch away by the other male in the last second. ' Don't touch it. ' Luke threatened and narrow his eyes at Lucas. 

  The boy raise his hand in surrender and back away from Luke whose face soften and frowns at himself. ' Look. I need to go now. My friend..... someone ...... is waiting for me. ' Luke says and wash the plates and cups they've used for breakfast. 

  ' So? ' 

  ' So you need to go to school yourself. ' Luke states the obvious. ' Oh you don't need to worry about that. ' Lucas waves it off casually. ' What do you mean? ' Luke eyes him suspiciously. ' Alan's going to bring me to school. ' Lucas smile at the mention of a certain boy. 

  ' You're not serious. ' Luke was mad. No, scratch that. He was furious. ' No. You're not going to school with him. Take the bus yourself and meet up your friends in school. Or just ask Charles or anyone of your friends to accompany you. Just not Alan. ' Luke says in so much authority and spits out Alan's name like venom. 

  ' Mind your own business, Luke. I'm not three anymore. Even if I was, I wouldn't let you control my life. ' Lucas snaps and ready his school bag. ' Your business is MY business!! You're MY brother!! ' Luke block Lucas's path as he tries to go in the kitchen. 

  ' Brother?! Yeah right!! More like a tool for you to work off your anger on!! ' Lucas scream. Why wouldn't he? It's basically just saying the truth. Teachers in school say we shouldn't lie. 

  Luke's felt a pang of something inside him. Was he hurt? Definitely. Was Lucas telling lies? Nope, not at all. Luke scrunch up his face but remain silent. 

  ' What? Couldn't find anything to yell at me!!?? ' Lucas was certainly not backing off the challenge. He sees that Luke just didn't seem to have anything to retort back so he walk in and scrub his plates clean and walk out like no ones there. 

  As he was about to open the door and leave for school, Luke finally decided to speak up. ' I'm sorry if I hurt you. I really..... didn't mean it like that. You wouldn't get it now. Or maybe you would never understand but...... I'm really sorry. I promise to..... hold back my anger next time. ' 

  Lucas scoff and shakes his head. Without facing Luke, he spoke ' You're right. I'll never understand you. Because I don't want to. And please..... ' he looks over his shoulder at Luke who just looks at him, expressing no emotion on his face. 

  ' Don't make promises you can't keep. ' With that, Lucas left the house. 

  Marcus and Daniel are wrestling each other when Liam arrive. The boy sat down beside Marcus and look them playing with each other. 

  ' Yeah!! I won!!! ' Daniel smirks as Marcus groaned in annoyance. ' Damn!! This is the fifth time!!' The loser boy slaps away Daniel's booing hands. ' You'll never win me. You don't have muscles like mine and ..... aww come on... just admit it.... you're a punny. ' 

  Marcus got up from the chair so fast, Liam jump away from him out of shock. The small boy attacks Daniel with so much strength causing the bigger one to hit the floor landing on his butt. 

  ' Urg!!! Hey!!! You can't do this!!!! I won!!! You shithead!!! ' Daniel screams as Marcus claws him ferociously. ' Whose the punny now huh!!? ' Marcus laughs at Daniel who held his arms up to defend himself from the cat - like - claws of Marcus's.