Chap 6. Haunted dreams

Today couldn't get any worse or so Luke thought. The minute he reached home, him being the older one must prepare dinner for the both the brothers. Don't judge, it's a family rule. You're the one whose lucky if you don't have to. Luke had been having this trouble since the very first day their parent quit cook for them.

  ' Instant noodle it is . ' He mutters and grab 4 big packets of spicy instant noodles and started his long cooking. Lucas had finish washing up and doing a small part of his homework when Luke called him from downstairs. ' Dinner's ready!! ' Luke grab the utensils and placed them neatly on the table. The boy was too hungry to even wait, he dig in the food almost immediately as he sat down. 

  After a whole 10 minutes of Lucas's slow movements, he eventually came down with his turtle shell. Lucas almost scream out of shock. ' Why are you still here!? ' Lucas was in a defense pose, with his arms raise ready to punch a certain someone as if he was seeing ghost. 

  ' I'm not going blind right? Oh wait, I wouldn't see anything if I was. ' Lucas mumble out the last part. Luke stares at his brother with widen eyes. Well of course, he should have thought about Lucas's reaction first. 

  Usually, nope scratch that. Every time after Luke finished making dinner, he would take his food up to his room and shut himself in it, leaving Lucas alone in the dining room. You know how teenagers are now a days....  ' There's no need for such reaction, dummy. It's not that unusual. ' Actually, it's like Halley's comet that unusual.... yet special. Okay, that was a weird metaphor.

  Lucas approach the table warily , afraid Luke is doing a prank on him. I mean you never know when someone is pranking you right? He might have put some super glue on Lucas's chair to make his butt stick on it, or maybe something is going to fall on his head the minute he sits down. Life's tough with decision. ' Oh come on, just sit down! ' Luke urges and start mixed his noodles again. Lucas raises his eyebrows and had finally decided that something is definitely wrong with his brother. 

  ' Nah. I'm just gonna take my dinner and eat it in my room. Thanks..... for the offer though. ' He says carefully and gave Luke a small smile, something he never did since.... god knows how long. ' Please just..... eat with me? ' Lucas was about to turn and leave with his bowl of soaked noodles but the feeble voice and a hand tug on his shirt tries to get him to stay. 

  Lucas turn around and look at his brother in disbelieve. He have absolute no idea what's with his sudden change of attitude but..... he couldn't deny it made his heart fuzzy and filled it warmth. Lucas slowly pull out a seat across Luke and sat down while the other boy just stare at the noddles before him, completely ignoring Lucas's gaze. 

  Luke clears his throat and started to make a small conversation. ' So uh.... how was school ? ' It was a pretty stupid question if you ask me. I mean, they're basically in the same school . 

  ' It was quite eventful actually. Except for the fact that my friend got into a huge fight with the school's slut and me, having the worst luck ever, was paired with a total imbecile. '  Lucas said the full sentence smoothly without stuttering. I'll say he'd done a pretty fantastic job. I probably would have already broke out laughing at my own words in the middle of the sentence. 

  Luke spewed out the food from his mouth when he heard the pure honesty from Lucas. He stood up from his chair and grab a nearby tissue box. Eww.... one of the noodle got stuck in his nose. How disgusting is that? But then again, who hasn't? It's basically a key point signalling that you're turning into a young adult. 

  Lucas couldn't help but let the natural laugh out. His fork was roughly threw onto the table as he use both his hand to clutch his stomach. For a second, he was bending down his upper body but then the next, he head was shot back up in a rocket speed. Luke, who was amused by his brother's long lost laughter couldn't stop the chuckle from himself either but knew best not to get too close to the crazy person now.