Bɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ

10/08/17, Friday, 6.00 p.m.

"Minhee!"

Joe shouted from afar. All students watched him with a look.

Minhee glanced at him before shutting her locker. Joe sprinted to her while hiding something behind him.

"What do you want, Choi Joon?"

The boy held out a present. It was wrapped neatly with a turquoise wrapper and a tied silver ribbon to complete the look.

"Happy Birthday, Kim Minhee!"

He wished for her. Minhee looked at Joe then the present. She chuckled and took it.

"What is it?"

"It's a secret. Therefore, you need to open it when you're home."

Minhee scoffed softly at him.

"Okay whatever you say, Mr. Choi. And thank you."

"Well, your welcome Ms. Kim. I really want to celebrate your birthday. But I have a special dinner with my family."

Joe frowned in annoyance. Why does his family had to do it on Minhee's birthday?

"Hey, it's okay. You already wished me. That's enough for me."

Minhee smiled while patting the boy's shoulder. Joe can't help but smiled and wrapped his arms around Minhee.

"Go home safe."

"I will."

Minhee chuckled, and Joe smiled sadly.

Minhee shoved her hand into her bag while the other holding her skateboard. She pulled out her keys and insert into the keyhole. She then twisted it open and entered the apartment.

When she entered the living room, she can't help but gasped softly.

Wall lights were hanging on the wall behind the couch. The Totoro sat peacefully on the couch. Some candles were placed on the coffee table. On the center of the little table, sat a beautifully decorated cake. Next to it, was something that made her eyes soften. It's her precious item, her Polaroid.

Minhee looked at the plushie then chuckled.

Ding!

Mr. Totoro:
Welcome home, princess 😊

Minhee laughed softly and took a seat in front of the cake.

Mr. Totoro:
Make a wish!

She nodded. She closed her eyes and wished inside her heart. Then, she gently blew out the candles.

Mr. Totoro:
Happy 11th Birthday, Minhee 🎉🎂
Yay!!!

"Thank you, oppa."

Minhee laughed at her oppa. She turned to her Polaroid. She grabbed it.

"Why did you put this here, oppa?"

She asked with a gentle in her voice.

Mr. Totoro
It's time to
continue it, princess.
You have taken enough time.

"Continue?"

Mr. Totoro:
Yes.

Minhee thought a little about it before nodding.

"Okay."

She smiled warmly towards the Totoro. Then, she remembered something. She went to grabbed her bag.

Minhee put the present earlier on the table.

Mr. Totoro:
Oh? What's this?

"It's from Joe."

Minhee untied the silver ribbon and opened the present. She looked inside and smiled.

Mr. Totoro:
What's inside?

Minhee took the item out of the box.

"It's a portrait of us."