[23] A trip back to home

"Osaka?" the word rolls off his tongue, forming a questioning tone.

"Yeah, what do you think?"

He gives out a hum, not showing any signs of entertaining the idea.

Bokuto reads the younger's demeanor quickly. "You don't have to if you don't want to! I just thought maybe you'd be homesick and would want to come."

Akaashi gives a small smile at the other's thoughtfulness. Sure he had missed the city he had grown up in. He would often find himself reminiscing about it before he would fall asleep.

He missed the cute shops that littered the streets, the pretty skylines, and the stray cats he would feed in the alley ways. But on the other hand of that, he also remembered why he left in the first place, practically swearing to never go back.

"I'll think about it," he simply replies.

"Is this one of your 'I'm just saying this to stop you from pestering me,' or are you actually going to think about it?" the older teases.

Akaashi rolls his eyes at the other. "Yes, I will actually think about it."

Bokuto's eyes widen. "I didn't actually think you would consider it. I thought you'd just stay at home and watch tv."

Akaashi ignores the snarky reply. "But who's going to take care of Bean?" he frowns.

He had never left the cat for more than a day or two at a time. Sure Bean was more of an independent cat, but Akaashi still worried at the thought of leaving her for that long in someone else's care.

"Just ask Kuroo, I'm sure he'll gladly take Bean, he likes cats."

Akaashi raises an eyebrow, "I'd rather not. He's like the last person I'd trust Bean with."

Bokuto lets out a laugh, "yeah I should've known. I'm sure Bean will be fine if you decide to leave her with him. Kenma practically lives at Kuroo's apartment anyways, he won't let Kuroo do anything stupid."

"Mm...I'll keep it as an option." Akaashi makes a mental note to call around for local cat sitting places.

"I don't even know if I'm going to come with you or not anyways," he shrugs.

"Well I think you should."

"What are you even doing on this trip? Won't I just be intervening with whatever you're doing?"

"It's just finalizations of the project. We already worked out all the details online and through other workers. I basically just have to go in person to sign stuff and set it in stone. So no, you won't be interrupting anything," Bokuto answers.

Akaashi nods his head slowly.

"It's with Mr. Ishii. Remember, the one guy from the gala?"

"Yes, I do," he recalls.

"Just let me know your answer? I don't want to rush you or anything, but you only have like 3 days to decide before we're flying out."

"Yeah, no rush," Akaashi jokes.

Bokuto gives a smile before exiting the room off to do his own work.

Akaashi goes and sits back at his desk, staring at the calender on the wall. Written in red sharpie are the words "Osaka trip." He stares at it for a few more seconds, before turning his attention onto his laptop.

"Yes, go!" Suga exclaims over the phone

"You know, when I called you, I was kind of hoping you would be my voice of reasoning. 'No Keiji, don't go! It's a bad idea!'" Akaashi mocked.

"Why would I do that? Sounds boring."

"Because it's a bad idea?" Akaashi squints, even though he knows the other can't see him over the phone call.

"Well I think it's a good idea. Haven't you been saying you want to go back to Osaka?"

"Yeah, in like 50 years when everyone I knew there was dead and gone," he grumbles.

"Harsh," Suga clicks his tongue. "But why don't you want to go? I think it'll be fun."

"Your defition of fun is a lot different than mine."

Suga lets out a huff, "Well what if it's your defintion of fun? Then would you consider going?"

"Mm...no not really."

"You're impossible," the other groans. "Why don't you want to go"

"Do I have to answer that truthfully? Or is our friendship bond strong enough for you to figure it out?"

"Yeah yeah, I know. C'mon though, Osaka is a big city. Where are you even staying?"

"Bay area..."

"Exactly! Far away enough from Umeda. You'll be fine. Just wear a mask or something."

"It still sounds too risky," he lightly gnaws at his lip.

"Listen Keiji, I think you'll be fine. If you really don't feel comfortable going, then don't go. Bokuto won't be upset or anything. I just think you should go. You don't know something bad will happen. Who knows? Maybe it could be exactly what you need to be able to let go of everything that happened. I know that what occurred was...quite the situation. But maybe this trip can help ease some of the pain?"

"That does sound nice," Akaashi agrees. "I hate that you're onto something. Thanks Suga."

"Of course," he replies softly. "Now, onto my drama," he switches up. "Daichi wants to get a dog? A dog! He knows I'm more of a cat person, what is he thinking," Suga dramatically sighs.

"How dare he," Akaashi laughs, playing along.

"I know right? You think you know a guy then Bam! Dog person."

-

As Akaashi gets around for bed, he contemplates his options. 

On one hand, he knows that something could go definitely wrong. If he sees the wrong people, everything he worked so hard for could easily undo itself. But the chances of that are slim he decides.

But ultimately, Akaashi feels like Suga's right. He shouldn't be so pessimistic at the idea of going back to Osaka. It's been years now, he's sure it'll be fine.

Before he goes to sleep for the night, he shoots Bokuto a quick text saying he'll go. He'll go back to Osaka.

phew new chapter after so long. feels nice? i think :) thank you again to everyone who has stuck around with this story!

~peachy