[9] Who needs family?

"What about your rules?" Sugawara points out.

"My rules?"

"Your weird 244 rules or something?"

"258," Akaashi mumbles.

"Yeah that," Suga chuckles. "Wasn't one of your rules to keep feelings out of business?"

Akaashi nods. "I know...I hate that I'm starting to break them. In the last month I've broke like 5 of them."

"Oh no, 5 rules out of 258 are broken," Suga deadpans.

Akaashi rolls his eyes at the other.

"To be blunt Keiji, I think your rules are bullshit."

Akaashi raises an eyebrow.

"Having relationships in business isn't a bad thing. I mean, look at me and Daichi. we've been dating for 4 years and we started out as business partners," Suga points out.

"It just feels weird."

"Are you going to expand on that or are you just going to leave me hanging?"

Akaashi sticks out his tongue. "Be patient with me, this whole thing is new to me."

Akaashi pets Bean's heads, the cat closing it's eyes contently in response, "I guess this whole feelings thing is new to me. And I just mean in general. You know me Koshi, I've never been in a relationship. Minor crushes here and there, but I never wanted to act on them. I've always been told to not let emotions get in the way of life, let alone business..." Akaashi trails off.

Suga gives him a smile, "well it's never too late to break some rules."

Akaashi laughs, "I guess you're right."

"Have you guys gone on any dates? Besides your fake ones that is."

"Not really. We eat during lunch break together, but those aren't dates. I don't even know if he wants to go out on an actual date."

Suga reaches his hand out, Bean quickly moving from Akaashi's lap to Suga's.

"Traitor," Akaashi mumbles.

"No he definitely wants to date you, or at least go on a date with you. When I came in and said I was stealing you for the day the boy looked devastated."

"Devastated? Over dramatic much."

"I am not! He literally looked like I said I was going to steal his first born. Also it's kind of obvious! You're attached at the hips, it already looks like you guys are dating."

"Okay, first of all, weird analogy. Second of all, I don't even know how I would give him hints that i want to date."

"why don't you ask him?"

Akaashi stared blankly at Suga.

"Okay, so maybe not. Point taken. well, then I'll help!"

"No thanks."

"C'mon! I wanna help!"

"No way! The last time you tried to help me I ended up almost getting arrested!"

"To be fair, I was drunk."

"To be fair, I'm not letting you interfere here," Akaashi mocked.

"Think of all the times I did help though! One chance! That's all I'm asking!"

Akaashi thought for a moment, "What do I get in return?"

"A boyfriend."

"You're insufferable, do you know that?"