[19] Bad at secrets

"Kuroo I swear to god if you say anything I'm committing homicide," Akaashi threatens. 

"I won't! Geez, is it that serious?" 

"Yes! If he finds out, literally everything I worked for will be for nothing!"

"And I can't tell anyone about this?" Kuroo asks for confirmation.

Akaashi shakes his head. "No one. The more people that know the more likely it is to slip out."

"...Can I tell Kenma?"

Akaashi gives him a glare. "What don't you get about tell nobody?"

"Right...tell nobody," Kuroo trails off. "Can I tell Oikawa?"

"...I chose the wrong person to tell this to..."

"I won't say anything, I swear! You need me for this anyways! I'm involved in this as much as you are," Kuroo defends. 

"Sadly," he sighs. "Just remember, you can't tell anyone. Especially not Kou."

"Of course, I'm not that dumb."

"For some reason I find a hard time believing that..."

"Hey! I graduated top of my class!"

"So did I, you're not special," the younger deadpans. 

"Right, I forgot you're 'perfect Akaashi,'" Kuroo rolls his eyes. "I won't say anything, I swear," he promises. 

Akaashi gives him a judging look before dropping the subject.

-

On the other side of the door was Bokuto. An ear pressed against the door, listening to the muffled voices of an arguing Kuroo and Akaashi. 

He had originally left the two inside  his office, going on a trip to the 15th floor to talk to some board members. He figured the discussion would last at least 45 minutes, but to his suprise it lasts only a little bit over 20 minutes so he heads back up early.

When Bokuto hears Akaashi's muffled voice insulting Kuroo, he couldn't say he was suprised. Quite the opposite, Bokuto found the two entertaining.

It was normal for the two to be constantly bickering. Something about Kuroo just made Akaashi lose his patience and unbothered attitude. 

But his amusement soon turned into confusion when he actually started to pay attention to what the two were talking about. He knows he shouldn't be snooping in on what they're saying, but he can't help it.

As the conversation progresses between the two, Bokuto can feel the frown on his face growing. From their words, they're hiding something, that's clearly evident. 

"Just remember, you can't tell anyone. Especially not Kou," he hears Akaashi say. 

And with that, Bokuto turns on his heel and walks away.