[4] Guilty conscious

His mom (his dad having his own work to do) was making them go to dinner with her once every 2 weeks now. It wasn't unbearable Bokuto figured, considering that she would make him go on a blind date at least twice a week.

Akaashi didn't seem too bothered by it either. Whenever Bokuto called him into his office to tell him his mother's plans for the night, the former would just hum back and work on moving Bokuto's schedule to accommodate.

He felt guilty for dragging Akaashi into the whole ordeal. The fake dating thing might be keeping Bokuto sane, but he couldn't tell behind Akaashi's reserved exterior how he felt. Surely this was more than the younger bargained for?

When he would try and thank Akaashi, he would just brush it off saying "it's no big deal." The simple response made Bokuto feel even more guilty.

"What color are you wearing tonight?" Akaashi asked over the phone

The two were currently getting ready to go on date number three.

"Mm probably a navy blue? It's a modern restaurant so I guess that'd be more appropriate."

"Ok thanks, see you," and with that short conversation, Akaashi hung up.

And sure enough, as Akaashi meets bokuto back in his office later than night at 8pm, he's wearing a dark wine colored suit, causing them to look complimentary to each other.

Bokuto was more surprised than anything on how Akaashi had a suit for every occasion, seemingly more than Bokuto, but he just figured that he had them for business purposes or was just a fashion person.

They waited in the office for the driver to come pick them up. The room was dimly lit, with only half the lights turned on. The building was also quiet compared to the mornings and afternoons where all that could be heard were phones ringing and people talking.

"Hey Akaashi," Bokuto said breaking the silence.

The younger looked up from his phone, "yeah?"

"Thanks for doing this."

"It's no big deal," Akaashi replied.

That stupid sentence again.

"But it is. You basically saved ass from my mother," Bokuto exclaimed.

Akaashi stayed silent, watching as the other paced around the room. 

"Without you I would still be arguing with my mom on whether I wanted to meet Becky or Jennifer this week," Bokuto rolled his eyes. "So yes, it is a big deal, at least to me."

"...I feel bad for dragging you into this," Bokuto admitted. "If you want to stop at any time I understand. It's not your responsibility to keep my mom happy."

A pause of silence.

"You're a loser."

"Okay, ouch."