[15] Illnesses don't discriminate

Akaashi's brushing his teeth when he gets a phone call. He jumps a little at the sudden noise of the calling tone which was far too loud for 6:30am. He spits the out the remaining toothpaste and hits the accept button.

"Hey, what's up?"

There's some rustling on the other side of the phone, and then a coarse, dry cough. Akaashi cringed at the sound.

"Um...hey. I called to say that I'm currrently sick so you don't have to go to work. I can't really tell you what to do if I'm not at the office, haha...I mean, you can still go in if you have some work you want to do but you don't have to."

He sounds drowsy like he just woke up. There's another cough, except this time it's quiter as the phone is pulled away from his mouth. 

"...Kou, are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah I'm good—just a fever," his voice still sounded strained. "It'll be gone soon, my sicknesses only last like a day."

Akaashi puts his toothbrush back in the holder, walking out of his bathroom into his bedroom. 

"I'm coming over."

"Huh? Why?" Bokuto questions.

"Because you're sick," Akaashi answers simply, starting to pull clothes out from his closet. 

"What am I? 5 years old?" he chuckled. "I'll be fine."

"When was the last ime you ate?"

There's silence on the other side of the line. It was like when a kid knew they were in the wrong so they wanted to avoid telling their parents the truth. 

"...Yesterday morning."

"Yeah, I'm coming over," Akaashi finalized. "I'll be there in like an hour? Don't die in that time."

Akaashi hangs up, knowing that Bokuto will try to keep protesting. He finishes getting around, making sure to refill Bean's water and food bowls. Somedays he worries about leaving her alone a lot, but then he remembers the time he decided to spend his 3-day break at home and all she did was mewl at him for interrupting her peace.

He said goodbye to her and slipped on his shoes, heading to the nearest grocery store. He decides to pick up the ingredients to make spicy miso soup. He also decides to grab some ginger tea and honey (he would expect Bokuto to have these things, but everyday the older somehow suprises Akaashi at how bare-minimum he lives).

Now carrying two grocery bags, he hails a cab and gives the location to where he wants to go. It was around a 10 minute drive to get to Bokuto's. He stared out the window, watching the early morning rush. 

He knew the older was bound to fall ill soon; he kept trying to work on few hours of sleep, only getting through the day with the help of about 4-5 cups of coffee. With his father's want to have a fashion branch within the company, Bokuto had been working extra hours to try and make sure things went smoothly. Akaashi tried to get him to take a day off, but the other's stubbornness and dedication made him set in his ways.

When he arrived at the apartment complex, he payed the driver the fare and exited the vehicle. He walked into the building, waving at the reeceptionist who now knew Akaashi by name. The lobby was busy and filled with people going to work or to start their day. Akaashi was sure most of the people swarming about were high exectuives of their respective companies or celebrities of some sort, but he payed no attention. 

He called an elevator, hitting it for the 8th floor. Luckily, the elevator going 'up' was empty. He stepped off when it opened.

Akaashi knocked on Bokuto's door, frowning when there's no sign of an answer.