[8] Gala

"Bokuto-san! Are you taking over your father's company?"

"Mr. Bokuto! do you have a fiancé?"

"Bokuto! Are you planning on working with any new business partners?"

Reporters stood on both sides, separated by a red-velvet rope. Built body guards stood by making sure the reporters didn't get too close. They walked through the doors that led to an open ball room. The noise was considerably less with only polite conversation and quiet background music going on.

"Bokuto! Hey man!" Kuroo and Kenma came up to the two. "Hey Akaashi."

"Hello Kuroo-san."

"What's up dude!" The two continued to talk.

"Hi Akaashi," Kenma greeted the other.

"Hey, you got dragged here too?"

"Of course I did," the other sighed. "This is your first time at one of these galas right?"

"Yeah, I joined the company like a week after last year's gala, and then Bokuto ended up having an abroad trip during the winter event."

"Lucky you," he laughed. "These things are so boring. They're like a glorified business meeting."

"That bad?"

"That bad. The only good thing is the food. I've been to three of these stupid things and the most exciting thing that's happened is when Mrs. chen found out her husband was having an affair with one of his business partners."

Akaashi laughs, "Scandalous."

"I know right? That was a cat fight."

"Hey Kozume, can you come with me? I wanna talk to that one dude from Korea," Kuroo spoke.

"Okay. Bye Akaashi."

"Bye."

Bokuto turned to the other, "Thanks for coming with me."

"You're welcome."

"Those reporters weren't too pushy right?" Bokuto asked.

"No, it didn't bug me."

"You sure?" 

"Positive," Akaashi assured.

"That's good. I know that reporters can be overwhelming if you've never experienced them before. Oh look! It's Daichi," Bokuto excalimed completely off topic, already walking towards him.

Akaashi's face lit up, following after Bokuto. Where there's a Daichi, there's always a...

"Koshi!"

Sugawara, who was talking with Daichi, turned around upon hearing his name, a big smile soon appearing  on his face.

"Keiji!"

The two gave each other a tight hug.

"You look great," Akaashi complimented.

"Duh, I always do," Suga joked.

"You two know each other?" Bokuto asked confused.

"We were roomates in college," Suga answered wrapping an arm around Akaashi's shoulder.

"Same major too," Akaashi smiled.

"Woah, Suga, I didn't know you went to college in Osaka! I thought you went to college in Miyagi?"

"No I went there for highschool," suga corrected. "Here, Daichi, take my drink, I wanna catch up with Keiji," he said before quickly shoving his drink into Daichi's hands and dragging Akaashi away to a sitting area.