[1] Blind dates

"Hey honey!" his mom chirped over the phone.

"Hi mom," Bokuto winced at his mom's loud voice.

"Just letting you know that I arranged you a date at 7pm tonight at the Ithaca."

"Mom, I'm really busy at the moment. Can you please cancel the date or at least reschedule it for a different time?"

"It's too late now. Maybe if you at least made an attempt to settle down then I'd stop making you go on these things."

"Yes I know, you've told me this multiple times," Bokuto sighed. "And I will settle down eventually, but right now the company is my main priority. Also I would like to find someone on my own free will, not by these weird blind dates you keep setting me up on."

"Oh come dear, you never know if you don't at least try! Tonight I've set you've up with this lovely lady. She's 25 and she's the daughter of the Akiyama company!"

"That doesn't make me feel any better," Bokuto mumbled.

"Why won't you ever put some effort into these dates? You could meet your special someone you know. I've even been considerate of your bisexuality and have set you up with girls and guys alike!"

"It's not the person that's the problem, I'm just not looking for a relationship."

Bokuto rubbed his temples. He loves his mom truly, but these blind dates she's been setting him up on is starting to get on his nerves. Why couldn't she just accept that he didn't want to see anyone?

"Well I think otherwise and you're going on this date. Have fun!" and with that, she hung up.

"This is so dumb," Bokuto groaned.

"What's dumb?" Akaashi asked as he opened the door to Bokuto's office.

"Nothing. Just family problems," he huffed.

Akaashi hummed back in acknolwedgement. 

"I'm going to need you to take this file down to department C," Bokuto stood up from his desk, walking over to Akaashi with a thick stack of papers.

"I'll do that right now," Akaashi grabbed the stack of papers exited Bokuto's office, letting the door close on its own.

As soon as the door closed, Bokuto's mind went into a frenzy again.

'What am I going to do? I can't keep going on these dates. They take up too much of my time and they're just plain annoying.'

Bokuto tried to keep his mind off of it by doing his work like he should be but he couldn't help but get distracted.

The sound of his phone interrupted. He pulled it out of his pocket, looking at the caller ID.  He pressed the green accept, putting the phone up to his ear. 

"Hey, what's up," Bokuto spoke.

"Hey, I was just checking to see if the meeting was still happening. The one of the 12th that is."

 "I'm pretty sure it's still set to happen. I'll confirm it with you later."

"Okay, thanks."

 "Oh-um....before you go, I have a situation I need help with."

"Okay, shoot."

"My mom keeps setting me on those blind dates I've told you about. I need a way to get her to stop. I've been telling her I don't want a relasionship right now, but she's not listening."

"Hmm..." Bokuto can hear papers shuffling. "Did she tell you when she'll stop making you go on these dates?"

"When I find someone. But that's not happening."

Kuroo continued to think. "Well then date someone," Kuroo spoke after a couple seconds of silence.

Bokuto rolled his eyes despite the other not being able to see him, "Kuroo the whole reason my mom is doing this is so I'll date someone. I wouldn't be in this predicament if I wanted to just date someone."

"No, no, that's not what I meant. What I meant is what if you fake date someone?"

"Fake date?"

"Yeah, like you just pretend you're dating someone so your mom will get off your back."

"That...actually doesn't sound like a bad idea," Bokuto thought. "But who?"

"Bokuto, you're a multi-millionare, just hire someone to do it."

"But that means I have to find potential people and I don't have the time or energy to do that. It's almost the end of the month and i have so many deadlines I have to meet."

"I feel you bro," Kuroo replied. "Anyways, I have to go man. I have a potential client that wants to meet me. Hope everything works out, see ya."

"See ya."

And with that, the call had ended. The idea was good, but how was he going to pull that off? He'd figure out something.

A light knock on the door sounded. 

"Come in."

Akaashi entered through the door, "I dropped those papers off."

And with that, a light bulb went off in Bokuto's head.

"Akaashi, date me."

new fanfic after a long time. i don't rlly know where i want this fanfic to go but i have a general idea. before anyone questions, bokuto owns his own company and is the ceo of it. kuroo also is the ceo of his own company, while akaashi is bokuto's secretary. anyway, hope you enjoy this!!

~peachy