[2] That's not part of my job

"Akaashi, date me."

"What?"

"I said I want you to date me," bokuto repeated but louder.

"I heard you the first time, but why?" akaashi asked with an unimpressed expression.

"You know those blind dates my mom sets me up on?"

"Yes I'm aware, I'm the one who has to rearrange your schedule when they randomly happen."

"Well I was talking with kuroo about my problem, and he suggested that if I fake date someone, then my mom would stop."

'Of course it was pain-in-the-ass Kuroo-san that gave him the idea,' Akaashi sighed.

"Okay but why me?"

"Because I don't want to spend time having to look for someone. I'm too busy and honestly just want to get these blind dates done and over with as quickly as possible."

"Say I was to agree with this. What would I even have to do? Because I'm also busy and would rather not have to deal with your uh...unique situation at the moment."

"I don't know, maybe go on a few dates? Meet my parents? I didn't think this far ahead," Bokuto groaned.

"Yeah no thanks, hard pass."

"Please Akaashi! I really don't want to have to deal with this anymore!" Bokuto practically begged.

"This whole thing is weird. Plus shouldn't you fake date someone else? Like a girl? Or preferably not your already overworked secretary?"

"My parents already know I'm bi. And you being my secretary makes it even better because that means I can trust that you'll keep this whole fake dating thing a secret!"

"How are you even going to tell your parents? Aren't they going to be surprised when you spring on the fact that you have a boyfriend, pressumbly out of nowhere?"

"I'll just make up some excuse. They'll be so ecstatic that they wouldn't even care," he shrugged.

"Name one good reason I should do this."

"Because I'm your boss?"

"I don't think 'fake boyfriend' is part of my job description Bokuto-san," the younger deadpanned.

"I'll give you 10% raise."

"Make it 15% and it's a deal."

"Fine. 15%."

Akaashi thought for a second before a small smile appeared on his face.

"Well, I guess I'm your boyfriend now."

Ring

Ring...Ring...Ring...

'Please pick up,' Bokuto prayed.

"Hello?" his mother's voice replaced the calling tone.

"Hey mom, I wanted to call to say something important. I'm dating someone," Bokuto spoke not wasting any time.

"Huh, really!? Um...I mean, I'm happy for you son," despite his mom's attempts to sound disinterested, he could tell she was wanting to just burst out with a bunch of questions.

"Sorry I didn't tell you earlier. You've always seemed to want me to date people of status, so I was worried at how you'd react." Bokuto lied.

"Oh honey, you don't have anything to be worried about. As long as you've found someone you like, I'm sure I'll like them. So, who's the lucky person?"

"His name is Akaashi Keiji."

"What a nice name," his mom hummed. "So, what does he look like? Where does he work? Is he tall or short? How long have you guys been dating? How old is h-"

"Well mom, actually I called to ask if you would cancel the date you had planned for me."

"Oh yes—I suppose I should. But that doesn't mean you're off the hook! I want to see your boyfriend! Get to know him."

Bokuto internally screamed. He cancelled a date, only to have to go to another one. He just hoped it would be helpful in the long run.

"Of course mom. iI'll have to see when he's free."

"Great! Call me as soon as you figure something out! Oh my little Koutarou is growing up~!"

"Haha, ok mom I have to get back to work, bye love you!" and with that, Bokuto quickly hung up the phone to save himself from his mom.

Bokuto let out a tired sigh before calling Akaashi up to his office. 5 minutes later, the secretary was sitting in a chair in front of his desk with his head in his hands and elbows resting on bokuto's desk.

"So, how'd it go?"

"The date for tonight is cancelled."

"That's good, but you still sound stressed," Akaashi pointed out.

"Well I kind of figured that my mom would want to meet you, but I didn't realize how much more stressful it would be to come up with a whole fake backstory for our 'relasionship'."

"I told you this was a bad idea."

"Aww c'mon Akaashi, give me some sympathy here," he pouted.

"I'm sorry you didn't think this through."

"Akaashi!"

The younger let out a laugh. "I was just joking. iI'll help you figure something out, don't worry."

Bokuto's head perked up, "Really?"

"Of course. I guess being your boyfriend really is in my job description now," he said with an amused smile of his face.

Bokuto's face hued at his words.