[11] Onigiri Myaa

Neon signs and street lights illuminated the area, making the city glow in exuberant manor. The music playing from various places alongside the sound of traffic made the area muffled with noise.

"The east side of Shinjuku definitely lives up to the Tokyo night life," Akaashi mused.

"For sure. I'm surprised you've never been here."

"I've traveled through here but never really stopped and looked around. I've been meaning to, but never got around to it. Haven't seen too much of Tokyo since I've moved here," Akaashi admitted.

Out of the multiple districts that make up Tokyo, Akaashi had only fully explored three of them — though it was debatable depending on what is counted as "fully exploring". It's not that he didn't want to, he just didn't feel the need to. He was content with staying in the west side of Shinjuku. But as they walk through the various streets, Akaashi wonders if he should explore more. He decides he'll do it later whenever he gets the time. 

"Is it different from Osaka?"

"Mm sort of. Tokyo is more lively—definitely bigger. Osaka is still huge, but the mood is just more...I don't know, relaxing I guess?" he shrugs.  "Tokyo always seems busy and in a rush. It can get a little overwhelming."

"I understand," Bokuto agrees. "Which area of Osaka did you live in?"

"Umeda. So not too different from Shinjuku."

"I've never been directly in Umeda, but i've been to Namba. I would agree with you, it's not too different from Tokyo, but it's definitely more vast here."

"Yeah, I've been living here for a year and a half and I still feel like a tourist," Akaashi laughs.

"Then I'll show you around," Bokuto offers. "Like a tour guide."

"A tour guide? I thought you were supposed to be my date?" Akaashi teases.

The simple joke is harmless enough, though more flirty than Akaashi meant it to be. It's enough to make Akaashi become embarassed at himself. Bokuto's eyes widen a little at the sentence, before grinning.

"Multi-tasking," he replies smoothly. Bokuto points to a building, a street away, "actually, our first stop is that resturant up there. Historically it's...uh...I have no idea," he sheepishly smiles. "I think it was built only a couple years ago though. The owner is nice though so that's a plus, and the inside is very cozy,"

"What's it called?"

"Something like 'Onigiri Myaa?' Or maybe it's 'Samu Onigiri?' I don't remember to be honest."

"You might wanna find a different job, I don't think tour guide fits you well," Akaashi laughs. 

"Like what? A ceo?" Bokuto quirks an eyebrow.

Akaashi's lips draw into a humored smile, "maybe."

-

The night continued on with the city showing no signs of slowing down. 

When Bokuto told Akaashi their plan for the night, he explained that he didn't have a set itenerary, instead wanting Akaashi to enjoy the east side on his own accords. The younger appreciated the sentiment and the freedom.  

They walked throughout the city, sometimes popping into random shops they found interesting. They never really bought anything, Akaashi saying his apartment was already too riddled with useless items, and Bokuto not being much of a spender. 

Even though it was later in the night with the sun having fully gone down an hour ago, it was still warm out. Akaashi thanks himself for choosing to wear a t-shirt instead of a long sleeved one. 

It was different from how Akaashi would prefer to spend his Friday nights, which usually consisted of him scrolling through social media and curling up in bed with Bean to watch whatever series interested him on Netflix. Nonetheless, he enjoyed the change of routine, and found himself liking the liveliness. 

After more aimless walking and casual conversation, the two figured it was time to end the night. By now most of the streets were empty of regular passerbys, and instead they were filled with people who came with the sole purpose of wanting the true Shinjuku experience (a.k.a clubbing).

The two walked back to where Bokuto had parked his car, the sleek Mercedes easily sticking out. 

"Anywhere else you have in mind?"

Akaashi shakes his head, sinking into the passenger seat of the car. 

"Tired?"

"A little yeah," he hums back. "Thanks for tonight, I had fun. Definitely makes me want to come to the east side more."

Akaashi can see out of his peripheral Bokuto trying to hide in a proud smile.

"You're welcome."

The ride back to Akaashi's apartment is a mere 12 minutes, and by the time they get there it's barely past 9:30. Akaashi unlocks his apartment, stepping inside and slipping off his shoes. He sees Bean quickly scurring towards him, presumably from his bedroom. He bends down to pet her.

Akaashi turns his head to see Bokuto standing in the doorway. 

"You can come in y'know, you don't need an invitation," he laughs.

Bokuto wrinkles his nose at the other, before stepping inside and closing the door behind him. Bean darts over to him, rubbing against his legs. 

They quickly find themselves on Akaashi's couch, watching a movie they had randomly found and that looked good. It's only 30 minutes in when Akaashi notices that his eyes are heavily drooping.

And it's not until the next morning, fresh sunlight streaming in through the windows, does Akaashi notice that his head is resting on Bokuto's sleeping chest. 

i'm gonna go back through the chapters and edit everything to be uppercase because i've realized it looks better when actually writing. i'm also going to fix some scenes up here and there so my apologies! 

also if you can't tell, akaashi lives in the west side of shinjuku (also where the company is located).

~peachy