[12] Feels like home

And it's not until the next morning, fresh sunlight streaming in through the windows, does Akaashi notice that his head is resting on Bokuto's sleeping chest.

At first Akaashi doesn't realize where the extra source of body heat was coming from. He doesn't care to either, because all he knows is that he's comfortable and still sleepy. So he closes his eyes again, wanting to fall back asleep.

That is until he gains his senses and suddenly becomes aware that the secondary soure of heat is actually a person. Akaashi shoots up, his eyes wide, looking down at a sleeping Bokuto.

He's stunned to say the least. There's a dozen thoughts and questions running inside his head, mostly along the lines of, 'how did this happen?' , 'when did we fall asleep?' , and 'AHHHH.'

After his momentary freak out, Akaashi figures the best plan of action is to try and slowly detatch himself. He goes to get up, moving carefully as to try and not wake up Bokuto. He immediately figures out it's no use. Their legs are too tangled and the slightest movement is causing Bokuto to twitch in his sleep.

He gazes down at the older. Bokuto's one arm is flung off the couch, dangling (his other arm lays resting on the small of Akaashi's back, but he ignores it figuring that that was something he could overthink about later).

Instead of coming up with a new plan however, he finds himself taking in the other's features. They're soft, but at the same time masculine and sharp. He looked tranquil in his sleep-different from when he's awake. By now, Akaashi is well aware that Bokuto has three very drastic facial expressions (although it's quickly becoming 4, but again, Akaashi leaves that for another time). The first one was his usual self, boisterous with a wide grin on his face; the other one is what Akaashi only sees at the office: stern and serious, with his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. The final face is something he's only seen once, and that was when Bokuto was enraged.

The only time he saw it was when someone had made an off-hand comment about Kuroo. It was at a company lunch and Kuroo had come over to join them. Kuroo was joking around as he usually did when he bumped into a worker who was carrying a folder full of papers. The collision sent the worker to the ground, papers flying everywhere. Kuroo had profusely apologized and helped pick up the strewn papers, however, that didn't stop this one guy from making remarks. He was a director for the managment department; he had worked for Bokuto's father, and was later transferred to Bokuto's branch.

He was rude and everyone knew he was an ass. Everyone wanted him gone too, but Bokuto never had a valid reason to fire him. After Kuroo left the room, the guy wasted no time to condemn him. He commented that Kuroo was a fumbling fool who only had his own company because of his parent's social status-that he had no real intellect and didn't deserve his position. When Bokuto heard him, he went off.

He shouted at the guy using multiple profanities, his face feirce in anger, yelling how he didn't have the right to say those things and that they were far from the truth. Akaashi was sure Bokuto was going to punch the guy, but Kuroo had come back in the room and diffused the situation before it could continue.

While he looks at the male sleeping peacefully, he wonders how they're the same person. Akaashi is snapped out of his reflection when he hears a groan. Bokuto shifts in his sleep turning to the side, albeit a little too much, because the next thing that happens is Akaashi is pushed off the couch and onto to the floor, a yelp escaping his lips.

The thud of him falling must be loud enough because Bokuto sits up, rubbing his eyes disoriented. He looks down at the floor where Akaashi layed, rubbing the side he had landed on.

"Keiji? What are you doing on the floor?" Bokuto asked groggily.

Akaashi stood up, "Nothing. I wanted to sleep on the floor," he spoke, voice dripping in sarcasm.