[13] Return to Japan

Bokuto had grown up with wealth. His parents had him, their thriving business established long before he was thought of. He was well travelled and was able to experience things most would never be able to comprehend because of his parent's affluence.

He was never the most intelligent in school, falling in the below average category of smarts. He never had the motivation to want to succeed in school. But everyone around him—his peers, teachers, even his parents—weren't concerned. Bokuto was born into money; he would never have to work a day in his life and would still be able to live a life of luxury, so why would education be a priority?

Bokuto went to public school, his parents deciding against the private schools in the area. He was an outcast, but not in popularity. Quite the opposite. His bright personality gave him the ability to attract people to him. He was an outcast in the sense he never fit in. With his parents making more money than the majority of students combined, he was often judged, even scorned for it.

And so, he went through most of highschool not having any genuine friends, fearing that they just cared for the number of figures his parents made, rather than him. But he wasn't going to let that deter him. He kept up his positive attitude, not letting his character get destroyed by the harsh words. 

When it was time to graduate highschool, he shocked his parents saying he wanted to go to college and work towards being able to inherit his father's company someday.

Despite his less than phenominal grades, his parents still made sure he went to the best college Tokyo offered. He worked hard and studied to achieve the grades he never got in highschool, shortly realizing he had a knack for business. He still didn't have any actual friends but he didn't mind, because now he had something to work towards.

And he did, quickly becoming top of his class. Almost. That's when he met Kuroo and Oikawa, the pair taking first and second in class respectively. Kuroo also majored in business and Oikawa in fashion design. At first Bokuto detested them, quite honesly jealous of them; they were naturally intelligent and and had a wholesome friendship with each other—something Bokuto didn't have. Those feelings quickly changed after they all got partnered up together for a project.

He realized how similar they were to each other, the three becoming close. Kuroo and Oikawa didn't care about Bokuto's money, because they had enough of their own. They didn't care about any of that and saw Bokuto as a person, not money signs.

They pushed each other to becoming the best they could be, and soon enough they graduated. His parents—overly proud of him—gave him an over the top graduation gift: a branch of his father's buisness. So at age 25, freshly graduated, he now had a company to run.

Kuroo also decided to stay in Tokyo, setting up his own successful business the following year. On the other hand, Oikawa decided to move to America, wanting to become a known fashion designer.

Kuroo and Bokuto kept close, visiting and talking on the regular. They tried to stay in touch with Oikawa as well, but with the time difference and all of them having their own busy schedules, they never seemed to be able to talk as regulary as they wanted to.

So it didn't make sense why Oikawa burst into Bokuto's office, Kuroo trailing behind him, unannounced.

"I'M BACK BITCH!"