Adventure #17: Part 1: The First Farewells and Packing

Part 1: The First Farewells and Packing

  "I'm going to miss you." I said as I hugged Iris.

  "Me too." She hugged me tightly. "See you during the winter holidays."

  "You too." I said and we continued hugging.

  "You're going to make me cry!" Emilie said but she had been crying all morning. Everyone has been sad to see the youngest of our gang go.

  Iris and Emile hugged tightly and cried and I smiled.

  "I guess this is goodbye." Ethan said walking over.

  I smiled. "I better hear from you young man. I want to hear about all the friends you're going to make." I said.

  He laughed. "I promise." He said and we hugged. "Don't cry Lolly. Save the tears for when you have to say goodbye to Charlie."

  "But you're like my little brother!" I said as I cried. "I can't believe I won't see you every day anymore. No more late night talks."

  Ethan tried hiding a sob with a laugh and hugged me tighter.

  "Thanks for everything. You helped me a lot. I don't feel so insecure about myself anymore and I think I'm ready to stand up for myself." He whispered. "Take care of Charlie for me. He really likes you."

  I nodded and cried.

  "The car is waiting out front." Dexter said.

  I let go of Ethan and Emilie let go of Iris.

  "Come on Iris." Ethan said extending his hand and she took it.

  Everyone looked sad at the two. They obviously were going to have a hard time saying goodbye once at the airport. The car was going to drop off Ethan at the airport and wait for Iris and him to say goodbye then drive Iris all the way home.

  "I'll call you when I land." Ethan told Charlie.

  "Bye little brother." Charlie said.

  Iris and Ethan walked out of the house and into the car.

  I heard someone sobbing and turned expecting it to be Emilie but saw it was Bobby.

  "Bobby don't cry." I said.

  "It's just that she's like a sister and she's all grown up now and she's leaving home and soon you and Emilie will be leaving too and everyone will be leaving and—" Bobby cried.

  "He's having an emotional breakdown." Dexter said.

  We saw the car drive away.

  "I really shipped Eris." Jen said.

  "Same." Charlie said. "Maybe after they graduate if they're still single we can set them up together."

  "Deal." Jen said and shook on it with Charlie.

  "Stop crying Bobby because you're going to make me cry and then ajsbsbsnsjjswjwaaaaaa." Emilie was sobbing now.

  "Emilie's lost it too." Xander said.

  Emilie and Bobby hugged as they sobbed.

  "Bemilie moment going on." Jen said.

  "Do you have a ship name for everyone?" Dillon asked her.

  "Pretty much." She grinned.

  "Let's go visit Butterball." Charlie whispered to me and I nodded.