PHASE 97 - WE ARE NOT ALONE

“I’ll ask again, for the third and last time. Why are you two idiots here?”

Rikkun asked in a cold and lazy tone. He is resting his chin on his hand and squinted his eyes towards Asumi-nee and then to Jecchan.

Jecchan who appears to have calmed down from the bullying started to sip her newly-poured tea. After that, she finally talked.

“I have already told you before, you idiot. I want to visit old friends. I want to see how are you two doing.” Jecchan slightly paused and looked at the broken handcuffs on my wrists. “You guys look like you’re holding up, but it will not last any longer.”

“What do you mean?” Rikkun asked.

“The handcuffs. That thing seals any outflow of prana in a Cursed Guardian’s body. It’s a good thing that you did not remove it when you escaped. Make sure that it stays that way, or else this town will be removed from the map.”

“U-Uh, Jecchan…” I shyly raised my hand to grab her attention. I showed her the cracks on the handcuffs. “T-These things might not last any longer.”

“I know. I have a spare here, but I doubt it would seal your powers any longer. The curses inside you are becoming more powerful than we speak. If it managed to break that seal, it will easily break the other.” Jecchan said in a worried tone.

“So what should we do to purify Tiara?” Rikkun asked. “I doubt that ordinary purification methods will not work since she had a whole damn otherworldly planet inside her. If only she can spit Necross out...”

“No! Absolutely not!” Jecchan slammed the table as she immediately stood up. “If Tiara ejects Necross, this planet will be doomed! We must seal it at all costs!”

“So you’re saying that Tiara should stay cursed for the rest of her life!? Is that it!?” Rikkun angrily raised his voice as he stood up. “You said it yourself, didn’t you!? The curse will be unleashed anytime sooner!”

“C-Come on, guys… Don’t quarrel again…” I tried to become a mediator. Rikkun’s eyes are fiery mad, and Jecchan’s eyes are icy cold. I don’t think this will be a comedic quarrel once both of them explode.

“I may have something that might work.” Asumi-nee calmly sipped her tea. “...But it’s not guaranteed.”

All of our attention went to Asumi-nee who is busy drinking. After a few seconds, she stopped when she realized that we’re all focused on her. She pulled out a fingerless glove with a magical circle engraved on its palm and presented it on the table.

“I have traveled through different multiverses and discovered ancient magic that can negate and seal Necross. With this glove, I can perform the <Nexus Seal> which will stay as long as the caster of the spell is alive.”

“Y-You’re a genius, Asumi-nee!” I clapped my hands jollily. However, unlike her usual narcissistic expression whenever we praise her intellect, she remained serious. I immediately removed my happy face to wait for her finish.

“This <Nexus Seal> is only designed to seal Necross though. I don’t know if it can seal the Evil God Cores and the Curse of the Brightmore Witch. I think you also have the Curse of Aeternos within you since you used <Assimilate> to absorb Alaric’s sins. This is way more complicated than that last time when you fought Shirayuki.”

"I will take it.” I immediately answered. I clenched my fists and put it beside my chest. “If that is the only way to seal the evil inside me, then so be it. With determination, I refuse to give up!”