PHASE 6 - I'M HAVING A REUNION WITH A STRANGER

PHASE 6 - I’M HAVING A REUNION WITH A STRANGER

“Amy?”

I repeated the name of my childhood friend. Yet the blonde petite woman failed to respond. All she did was cough several times as if she’s suffering from tuberculosis.

Cough. Cough. She covered her mouth, but saliva still made its way to the gaps of her fingers.

There’s no way I could be mistaken, so I tried to call her nickname once more.

“A… Amy? Are you Amy?” My jaws trembled.

Finally, I have won the girl’s attention. But there is an innocent look on her purple eyes as she tilted her head like a curious kitten. Then, she talked.

“Who’s… Amy?”

The way she speaks… it’s as if she doesn’t know me. Yet those features on her face and whole body make me certain that she is my childhood friend and my first love.

“Y-Y-You don’t remember your name?” My voice started to rise.

“I… I know my name…” The blonde girl held her chest. “I’m... Jeannette Amiella Fontaine von Noctis... I don’t know any person named Amy… Alaric...”

My mind is now on the verge of exploding due to so much confusing information. She remembers her name, but not her nickname. And the way he said mine… Amy used to call me “Ric”, and she never called my full first name ever since we were children. And her tone is that she’s familiar with me, yet there is this invisible wall that gives me the idea that she’s not the real Amy I know.

“Well, this is confusing.” Erylle, who is just standing beside my back, started to draw a white short blade from her glowing chest. It’s the Heavenly Blade <Reginleiff>, the sword the Fake Outsider used to own. “This place is just for the wicked Cursed Guardians. Gate Guardians shouldn’t be held captive in the prison of the underworld. This is the first time I saw something like this.”

The valkyrie walked in front and made a swift square slash at the cage, completely slicing the bars of “Amy’s” cell. Then, she proceeded to cut the chains that had been restraining the poor girl’s feet.

“Are you okay?” Erylle lent out her hand, which the prisoner girl immediately accepted.

“I… I’m okay…” She said, and then coughed again. “Thank you… for saving me…”

Erylle noticed that her hand was full of the prisoner girl’s saliva. It’s her fault for lending a hand to that girl even though she knows that it’s wet with bacteria. So to remove that yucky goo, she wiped her hand using the lower part of my trench coat!

“Wha-What the heck!” I jumped back.

I was about to rant some more, but Erylle continued her conversation to the Jeannette-look-alike as if I’m not here.

“How long have you been here?” The bastard Outsider asked.

“About two months…” The prisoner replied. “I thought I’ll be suffering in this prison forever…”

Erylle patted the prisoner’s head as if she was her pet. She started to cast <Healing Touch>, and the prisoner girl’s body glowed with a green light. Slowly, I noticed that her wounds, bruises, and scratches are now fading. The girl is no longer coughing.

While waiting for the girl to be fully healed, Erylle’s emerald eyes stared seriously at the girl. “How did you end up here?”

“Hades.” The prisoner replied shortly. “I’m still a living person, but that Hades locked me up in here when we last fought.”