EXIT

EXIT

Several years later, and finally...

The church bell sings the beautiful ending of a wonderful love story.

White pigeons flew from the top of the tower as leaves followed them. The soft breeze of the wind made the warmth of the sunlight slightly cooler than before. It’s almost summer, and the humidity of the air is ready for a celebration.

Inside the church is a royal red carpet, filled with pink and white rose petals scattered. There are gateways and arcs decorated by colorful clusters of flowers for every fifteen meters of the carpet. And at the end of the long red road, at the altar, are two people who are professing their endless love to one another.

“I, Alaric, shall take you, Tiara, as my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.”

As I looked at my veiled bride, her twinkling blue eyes locked onto mine. I gently held her hand and put the wedding ring on her finger with a smile on my face.

“I, Tiara, shall take you, Alaric, as my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.”

Tiara replied with the same vow as she put the eternal ring to my ring finger. As she did that, she tilted her head slightly and made an adorable smile. 

And then, the shrine maiden head Asumi has finally sealed our hearts together with her blessing. “You have declared your consent before the church. May the heavens in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. What destiny has joined, hearts must not divide.”

(P.S. I don't have any freaking idea why Asumi is acting as a priest in a Catholic Church. I think she has the authority or whatever in the Black Cross Church, so I'm afraid to ask.)

The church bell rings loudly once again. It was combined with the cheerful laugh of all the supporters of our love story, including our friends, our allies, and the Tialaric shippers from the reader’s cluster who voted for Tiara to win the poll against Amy in Book One. 

“You may kiss the bride.” The shrine priestess has finally declared the long-awaited moment for both of us.

I slowly took off the veil of my wife, and it revealed the blushing cute face of my lover for a million years. Seeing a wonderful sight made my cheeks red too. We stared at each other’s compassionate eyes for a second, and then our faces drifted closer.

And then we kissed.

Everybody applauded. This is surely the happy ending that we deserved. 

And we now achieved it once and for all.

<>

It’s not only Tiara and me who had a happy ending for our story. Everything is getting better and better for the side characters. And it would take a mountain of words to describe the end of their adventures, but I will still narrate it for you anyway since you already got this far.

Jeannette Amiella Fontaine von Noctis (That Alien Immigrant from a destroyed universe whom I rescued from Hell) decided to live her life in this universe. During Tiara’s final <Song of Salvation>, Tiara recreated the universe where she came from but Jeanne decided to stay here anyway. She occasionally visits from universe to universe due to her job in the Cathedral Exa, so she can take any Jeannette’s place to blend in that universe. That’s how crafty and bitchy she is.