PHASE 95 - THERE IS NO OTHER SIDE

“You bastard!” Helena cried as she readied her greatsword in a centered kendo stance. Her blue eyes are filled with anger and disgust towards the man with the black jacket and red scarf. “You’re the one who cursed me! You’re responsible for making Lironeo a Cursed Guardian!”

“Oooh, scary~” The Outsider mocked. “You should be grateful that I saved you and your boyfriend.”

“I almost killed my baby brother because of your curse!” Helena cried.

“Hey, he’s well and fine now, right? You’re not butchering your baby brother’s lungs anymore. You’re back to being pure. All is well that ends well, right? I made lots of efforts just to change your doomed fates. You’re welcome.”

“Y-Yoouuuu!!!” Helena was about to charge forward, but Rikkun’s arm stopped her. That made the sword princess astounded. “A-Alaric, don’t tell me you…”

Rikkun’s death stare is directed to the mysterious man he trusted during desperate times. He’s filled with disbelief, but he’s ready to attack if necessary. He just wants to hear the Outsider’s side.

“The Outsider… No…. Yohan Hikari Romanov. You saved us a lot of times, but most of those are from the troubles you gave us in the first place. I trusted you, but you betrayed us. Now that we have seen your true colors, telling the truth wouldn’t hurt, right?” Rikkun said calmly.

“Alaric, you’re such a great friend. I never told you any lie. About the <Song of Salvation>, the Twelve God Cores, and the power of Tiara Hikari’s love towards you. All of those are facts. I’ll never lie about that. But I hid my true intentions.”

The Outsider started to walk in front of the Corrupted Frozen Soul and examined every inch of her body. The Frozen Soul remained motionless as if she’s just a wax mannequin. But she’s definitely alive. She’s just focused on singing the <Song of Salvation> telepathically. Her crimson eyes are giving off a killing glare at me, trying her best to wish for the deletion of my existence.

“Like you Alaric, I fell in love with a woman. She also fell in love with me. Every day is happiness for both of us until I discovered that she was cursed. Until her very existence threatened everything.” The Outsider started to touch the Frozen Soul’s chin. “I defied all odds and defeated fate just to bring her back to me, but she still has a price to pay. She needs to continue singing the <Song of Salvation> in order for everything to keep on existing.”

“And thus, she became the Frozen Soul, an entity sealed for all eternity,” Rikkun said.

“Yes, that’s right.” The Outsider frowned. “My goal is the same from the very start. My wish is for her to wake up again so that I will be able to be with her forever and ever.”

“You’re just a selfish man,” Rikkun gave out a single laugh. “You know that if she wakes up, everything will fade. You two will just be trapped in an infinite void.”

“Oh, am I selfish?” The Outsider returned the same smile as if he’s insulting Rikkun. “Let’s see who’s selfish when your beloved witch spawns black tails on her back.”

“Stop confusing me with your dumb philosophy, Yohan,” Rikkun said with full seriousness. “The twelve God Cores, singing the <Song of Salvation>, and forging fate to cultivate my love to Tiara and Tiara’s love to me… Are those part of your plan?”

“Of course. I made character developments for you two so that Tiara will be ready to sing a full-powered <Song of Salvation>. That <Song of Salvation> will grab the Frozen Soul’s attention and wake her up.” The Outsider spread his arms as if he’s proclaiming his win. “And look! I succeeded! Everything has faded, including the world, the universe you once knew.”