PHASE 42 - THE CHAOTIC AUDITION CONTINUES

It’s what the title says. This is the continuation of our seemingly-pointless auditions on “Who wants to be the next Aether Crusade?” The more I stay in this seat, the more I think we’re in a comedy show.

<>

Next applicant. It was a tall man with a thin figure. He introduced his name, age, occupation, blood type, favorite kind of fish, and any other things that we don’t give a shit about. We three hate wasting our time so I immediately jumped on the most important question.

“What’s your Guardian Ability?”

“Anyone I touch will get poisoned.” The applicant said.

“Wow! That’s quite a unique Guardian Ability!” Helena commented.

“Interesting. We will need you a lot in our future operations.” Jeanne said with a smile on her face. Her optimism suddenly changed to confusion as the applicant continued to explain his power.

“But I need to do a frontflip to activate and deactivate it.”

“So?” Jeanne crossed her arms.

“I can’t do a frontflip.” The applicant said.

“If you can’t do a frontflip, then you can’t use your power! You’re just trolling us! We’re wasting our time here!” I exclaimed.

“N-No, I can use my power, but…” The applicant nervously scratched his head. “I just can’t activate it, like… Let me just demonstrate to you.”

The applicant got up from his seat and made a few steps backward. He arched his elbows and knees ready for a life-risking jump, and when he finally made his flip.

Thud! Unfortunately, this guy is terrible at flipping. The moment he made a 360 turn, his left heel landed in the wrong manner, and I heard a bone snap. The applicant helplessly fell on the ground and then his head was smacked to the floor!

“Agack!”

“Eeeeeeeek!” The girls shrieked upon witnessing such an accident.

“Whoaaa!” I was impressed. This applicant really has this poison body ability as his whole body is now engulfed with a malefic purple aura. Even his skin is now colored violet.

“Aaaah! Help! I have a fracture! Somebody call 911!” The applicant cried in pain.

“A-Are you okay, Mister…” Tiara immediately came to the rescue and activated her <Healing Touch>. But in the nick of time, I immediately stopped my girlfriend from harming herself.

“Tiara, don’t!” I cried. “His Guardian Ability is active, which means everybody who touches him will be poisoned!”

“Eh!?” Tiara shrieked. “B-But Rikkun… How are we going to treat his injury!?”

Honestly, I don’t know. Nobody here in this room can’t risk it. The only way I can think of to tend to his injury is to have his Guardian Ability deactivated first… Which means he has to make a frontflip again.

“Call the ambulance! Please!” The applicant cried in excruciating pain. “Aaaaargh! It hurts!”.

<>

Next applicant. This guy is a weirdo because he’s wearing a jumpsuit and has this bowl-cut hair. He looks like Bruce Lee except that he’s thin as a stick and he’s white as snow.

“What’s your Guardian Ability?” Jeanne asked.

“I can summon maggots with teeth and wings.”