26. Aftermath

For a moment Bethany was happy.

Staying around her friends and subordinates a time flies easily. But as expected nothing lasts forever.

Now she must find out about her step mother. Did she really die or still held captive by Stephen? If that's the case then why did he keep her alive?

Back in prison, Bethany was afraid of going back to a world filled with blood and screaming. That's why with every last bravery of hers she decided to abandon her mother for the sake of her freedom.

The feeling of guilt was eating her alive since then. But now she made up her mind. She'll help her mother at all cost even if it means losing her freedom.

Or else he might try to hurt her new family.

"C-Commander! We discovered a squad that's trying to attack us" a soldier come in yelling.

"In peace area?" Unlike him Bethany calmly asked.

"Y-yes. They were all armed and was wearing a black clothes to hide which organizations they came from"

Bethany was expecting an attack but not this kind of attack. It was too foolish and if she manage to capture only a single one of them alive, she'll use any means possible to discover their organization.

"Prepare for battle and activate all the traps"

"B-but they were too many.."

"Running away isn't a choice. Just do as I say"

"Yes, ma'am"

He ran off. Because of the training, their ability to follow order become much better. They held an absolute belief in their new young commander for some reason which Bethany isn't aware of.

She also changed her clothes into dark shirt and trousers. This house doesn't have enough supply for everyone so her clothes lack endurance. Wearing a bag full of bullets, she gripped her gun tightly and hide many daggers inside her coat just in case.

"If I have to cover my hands on blood for the sake of my freedom, I'll gladly do"

***
"Sarah, can you really fight? Are you sure?"

"I can so stop asking"

"Really? Do you even know how to shoot?"

"I was a sniper before, got it!" Sarah yelled out in frustration. Bethany expected her to be a killer of some sort but turns out she's a sniper.

"Sarah, you stay here and cover me with others. I'll try my best to kill their leader and disperse their squad. And don't attack first"

"But that's too dangerous! I'll go with you..."

"It's an order Harley! Stay here and cover for me"

Harley gulped, scared of Bethany's glare. Her scary commander was already back. Because of this glare Harley's voice disappeared.

Going there alone is a suicide. But there was that excitement in Harley's chest. She wanted to see how great is the member of Silvain family that wiped out entire Valentine house.

"Commander, why can't we attack first?" Shawn, the middle aged man and now second commander of the squad asked. He looks excited for a man who retired from battle four years ago due to an injury. But his leadership is excellent, even more than Harley.

"Because if they attack first, we won't be losing our supply. We'll just say we depended ourselves when the head of P.A asks. There's a camera around everywhere so there's no need to rush things" Bethany explained which he nodded in response.

Soon the first bullet came flying towards the wall surrounding the mansion. It wasn't enough to cause a damage but it was loud. Like they're giving a signal to something.

Without thinking any further Bethany went through the huge gate with a ten people to guard the gate including Harley. Sarah will stay on the wall and report the enemies whereabouts.

Everything after that was, well... let's just say it was bloody.

***

[Is this the last one?]

[A-ah, Y-Yes... I don't think there's anyone left] Sarah answered, still not believing the sight she was seeing. Over one hundred fully armed soldiers lost to a 58 people that doesn't even have enough bullets. Most of them were killed by a certain girl that's standing next to the survivor she captured. Her clothes were covered in blood, most of it isn't hers.

She barely did get any injuries. There was few cuts on her arm and stomach, nothing severe.

[Good, we'll be using this one to reveal his organization. Let's set up a new traps and check the dead bodies.]

Others were amazed by her. She wasn't fast or wasn't godly strong. What makes her a natural born killer is, her brain. She can predict where her enemies will attack from, or what they'll do next. Everything was based on a calculation and of course she won.

A three person died from her squad. But victory is still a victory.

Half of the enemies died from bombs in the forest. Sarah's role was also took an important part as she reported every surprise attacks from the enemies and eliminating them one by one from above.

Harley went berserk as always and because of her reckless behavior she got shot on her arm. But managed to kill more than 10.

They managed to capture 5 soldiers alive. Unfortunately a three of them drank a poison that was hidden in their mouth and died. Other two were knocked out before they could kill themselves.

Aftermath of the unexpected cruel battle was better than Bethany has expected. Only three losses, wiped out the squads and captured hostages alive.

But she still couldn't find the spy of Lewister family. At this rate they'll get backstabbed and lose which was the reason why Bethany went to the battlefield by herself today without telling her plan. She gave orders directly and kept the plan only in her mind.

There was many things that doesn't make sense. The loud signal they fired first and the attack itself was nonsense. What's the point of losing them on purpose? Or did the person who attacked looked down on her that much?

She noticed a wilted flower tattoos on the corpses right arm. It means they're no longer necessary, made a severe crime or going on a suicide mission, dying a honorable death by sacrificing their lives for the sake of the organization.

A mark that only existed in Silvain family.