19. Unexpected gathering

"Now since you can't move and we've still few minutes until you pass out... wanna hear a story?"

Bethany wanted to refuse so badly but her throat was too dry. It was one of the effects of that drug. Her body was getting harder to control every passing second.

"Since you're not answering, I'll consider it as a 'yes' then" Stephen grinned widely, still staring at her face to face. Even Sarah wanted to help Bethany but she just couldn't move even though her body is perfectly fine.

The reason why Sarah is panicking is because of Bethany's glare from earlier. In Bethany's eyes their wasn't any hatred or anger.

She stared at her with somewhat normal expression.
As if she was thinking 'another betrayal..' or something. Yep, that was a glare of someone who has gotten use to it already.

The huge sense of guilt filled Sarah's chest. She just wanted to let her stay out of trouble and followed Stephen's orders.

'It's not my fault... it's not my fault... I just wanted to help her...'

As if mocking her expression Stephen began to blabber.

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess living in a castle. She's as shiny as sun and the most perfect individual of whole universe. She doesn't have any weaknesses. When demon king attacked her castle she tried to escape with her knight. Even though she's a perfect fighter she let her guard down around her knight and unfortunately the knight backstabbed her. Then the demon king claimed her and they became a couple. End of the story" Stephen clapped happily at his tale.

Well, it doesn't sound like a tale since it just happened. It was obvious that Bethany is the princess, Sarah is that knight and Stephen himself is the demon king.

Actually it suits him.

"Y-you... I didn't betray her!! I will never betray her! I just wanted to help her and followed your words" Sarah finally bursted out of anger. His smirk, sickening smile and that winner expression... everything about him pisses Sarah off.

"What are you talking about Sarah?~ Just tell the truth already! It's not for her sake. It's actually for yours right?"

"W-what are you..."

"You're the one who agreed. You could've just throw away that drug and escaped with her. You were just scared that if you disobey me, you would stay in this place forever"

Sarah was speechless. She was lying to herself, to Bethany and Harley all the time. As he said it's all because of her own selfishness. 

She realized once again that the reality is too cruel to accept.

"DON'T MOVE! OR ELSE I WILL SHOOT"

Out of nowhere some policemen yelled loudly from the top of the walls. He has a gun and his voice was somewhat similar to Bethany.

"STAY AWAY FROM THE GIRL, YOU BASTARD!!!" He shouted again.

'It's him!'

Without a doubt it was that person who helped Bethany to pick herself a name, who helped her in her most dangerous situations.

"M-mr. Jack...son" Bethany whispered softly. No one heard her though. But his voice just brought her some hope.

"Ah, you're that police that was talking and acting all friendly with my Icy, right? You even acted like a hero when we were in prison. You see, after bringing her home safely, I was planning to deal with you. Seems like you came here yourself instead. That just saves some trouble and time" Stephen chuckled slightly as if there's no gun in Jackson's hands.

"Stop all of that bullshit! How different you enter-...!"

"You were a big shot when I was in prison. What happened to your rank, Mr. Cop? Is it because of me?" Stephen shouted again without even bother to listen him.

"It's none of your business! How da-.."

"I'm sorry Rapunzel, but I can't hear ya from there! You should just jump from there or wait your hair grow and use it to get down"

Stephen's provokes succeeded. In few moments Jackson jumped from there and it was enough for Stephen to get his own gun from his pocket and rush towards him.

At the same time Bethany's endurance has finished and she fell on the ground helplessly.

Sarah ran towards her and grabbed her head at the right time. Since Stephen's life was in dangerous estate because of Jackson, he just held himself back from running towards Bethany. Now she was in hands of her traitor.

'Tch, I'll definitely kill this woman later.... now I need to deal with this piece of shit' he thought and sent a signal to his guards to not interrupt.

From what Stephen heard, he's really skillful and smart. He was a detective before but since it's a war time he decided to become a soldier and fight for the citizens.

"Repeat what you said you f*cker!" Jackson growled in low voice.

"I didn't know our Rapunzel was also deaf. Perhaps the witches called 'government' has brainwashed her. If that's the case I'll gladly open your head and clean it... If you really have a brain, that's it"

"F*cking arrogant bastard!  I'll be the one cleaning your head"

Jackson has fallen into Stephen's trap.

Stephen's speciality is that he knows how to manipulate people and observe their character. Someone like Jackson has a lot of pride so with a bit of provoking, he'll lose his cool and attack without thinking.

BANG!

Jackson fired but Stephen has already kicked his gun before he could fire. But Jackson has already grabbed Stephen's wrist, which was holding his gun, causing him to drop it out of pain.

Both of them moved and fought equally until they heard a sound of car.

Another car showed up. It wasn't one of Stephen's car as he hoped nor police car as Jackson hoped. Both of the cars look super fancy just like Stephen's car.

From the car, a man who looks very similar to Bethany, dropped off and walked towards the two guys who were in fighting position. They both stopped and keep their distance from the mysterious guy.

Jackson thought that guy is Bethany's twin at first. If it wasn't for the knowledge about Silvain family Stephen read before, he also would think same as Jackson.

Steve Silvain.

The new heir of the 'Double edged swords', one of the most powerful organizations in this continent. They doesn't have strong attack force but all of their people are trained as an assassin. They're basically shadows.

Steve's appearance and unpleasant expression only made things more uncomfortable.

No one would be happy after seeing his sworn enemy fighting with some unknown policemen while his sister was in hands of some strange woman, unconscious.

His sister won't lose easily to anyone. It's obvious that someone attacked her suddenly or betrayed her.

'If that policemen is this bastard's enemy then he isn't the one. And Lewister family members won't do the dirty work by themselves either which means this woman is the only option'

"What should we do, boss?" One of Steve's man asked from him nervously, while shielding him from the two dangerous individuals. He wanted to fire at them but if he does without permission he'll die in his leader's hand.

"Kill those two. Bring the two girls alive" Steve ordered.

Stephen was also signaling at his guards. Jackson was the only one without backup but others will come here in five minutes.

Sarah gulped nervously, sensing a huge amount of danger from the man, who she thinks Bethany's twin.

'I'll deal with that b*tch later...' Steve silently thought before stepping forward.
___________________________
A/n: Let's pray for Sarah lol.

I'll update on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from now on.

Thanks for reading^^