3. His new medicine

"Hey Beth, are you awake?"

"Yes"

"Let's talk. I'm so bored"

"About what?"

"You'll ask questions and I answer. I ask question you answer. Easy right? Ask me anything you want"

A sigh escaped from Bethany as she thought deeply about the question she wants but there was nothing. She's not curious person and never makes decision for herself so it was kinda hard.

"Is Justin your real name?" She asked. Because if she remembers correctly there's no Justin in underworld. But in reality no one knows the real name of the mysterious leader. Only thing people know is their last name, Lewister

"Yes. My name is Thomas"

"I know you're lying"

"Wait, how?"

"Your breathe is slightly changing when you lie. If you listen calmly and carefully you'll be able to know that too" she explained, still waiting for a honest answer.

"Fine. My name is Stephen. Stephen Lewister. Now it's my turn. Your last name?"

"Silvain" she answered. It's the same name of the family he killed few months ago.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that"

"You're lying again" she shut him down with that and thought about the question she wants to ask and continued after a while. "Why're you here? How did you get caught?"

"Since I can't hide anything from you.." he chuckled slightly with a pause. It seems like he was thinking deeply about the things he is going to say.

"My childhood friend, right hand betrayed me...no, sold me for few thousand bucks. I'm so unlucky person, I guess. Being a leader is so hard and annoying. There's no telling when or who'll betray you"

"If you don't wanna get betrayed then don't trust anyone or make sure no one betray you. I recommend first option though"

Those words opened his eyes. He believed his right hand man because he was close with him but if he doesn't believe him from the beginning he would've investigated about things that guy was doing behind his back. Her advice was simple and easy.

"So what did you do?" He asked back since it's his turn and the reason why he started this game. He was so curious about why someone like you is here. She look and feel like an innocent girl. But there's always a reason why she's here and why she's still alive.

"I'm an assassin" unexpected answer came. It was unbelievable since some like Mr. Silvain is making his own daughter an assassin.

"My father taught me so many things about killing people. I only know how to kill. There's only 9 people on my criminal record but in truth I definitely killed more. So I planned to give up and rest since father died. I don't have job and pointless murder is stupid. To lessen my sins, I'm staying here"

Her words made sense. That psycho drug addicted old man is insane enough to turn his own daughter into a weapon. But because Stephen killed her entire family she was free to go everywhere. The guilty feeling in her chest lead her here.

'But she chose really wrong place' Stephen thought.

"So what's your hobby, Stephen?"

"Ugh, video games and listening to music. What's your favorite color?"

"Yellow...Mm, your favorite food?" Bethany was running out of question. From the books she read to converse normally people sometimes talk about their favorite things.

"Every food includes chicken in it. Why do you like yellow?" The topic has back to it's start.

"Because I like sun. It's warm and bright and I like it's color. Do you have any siblings?"

"No" he answered as fast as always and took a deep breath to continue. "Please answer me honestly. Do you hate me?"

It's normal to hate a person who killed her entire family. But from the tone of her voice she doesn't feel upset. Of course there's a child who wants their parents' death, but she was way too calm. And not being able to see her face didn't help him at all.

"For what?"

"For killing your family"

"You can't kill a thing that didn't exist from the beginning. You just helped me to get my freedom. So the answer is a no"

Her soft voice stopped him from cursing his fate. If she hates him he doesn't have any other option but to leave her be. But now it's different. He still has a chance.

Thanks to that horrible parents of hers.

"Do you like animals?" Asked Bethany.

"No. Do you have a boyfriend or crush?"

"No. Do you..."

"..."

The conversation between them continued until the next dinner. Like I mentioned before it's hard to keep track of time so both of them talked whole day without realizing it. After finishing their horrible food once again they both went to sleep.

The usual nightmares of Stephen didn't hunt him this time.

She was healing him better than sleeping pills.

One present a day [DISCONTINUED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara