12. Another present

"Psss Beth, is that guy your personal warder? What's his name? Where did he come from?"

"Shut up, Harley! It's none of your business. Just continue with your work quietly!" Sarah scolded Harley who was drooling over Stephen. Stephen will be watching Bethany from afar 24/7 to prevent her from doing something dangerous. But little did those higher ups know he was someone more dangerous than Bethany.

"You think he's hot too right? Oh right, if I remember correctly virgins like you don't know anything about opposite sex. Poor little Sarah..." Harley teased her as the people around them started to laugh loudly.

Right now they were all cleaning the gardens of prison so thanks to that warders didn't hear them.

"Shut up kiddo. I'm still waiting for my true love unlike you who drools over every single males" Sarah fired back without giving up.

"Ha ha ha, so what? He really is handsome guy and I had only one boyfriend before. And not every guy, only those handsome ones. Ah, I'm so jealous of you Beth"

Bethany, who didn't understand anything from the beginning only nodded in response. She only read from books that opposite genders attract each other and some people call it love. But she only met other males which she killed afterwards and her father and brother.

"It would be nicer if we were in one room" Sarah mumbled afterwards.

"Huh, now you want be in one room with him?" Harley gasped which she recieved huge blow behind her head from Sarah.

"Stupid! I'm talking about Bethany. How can you be this foolish?"

"Oh sorry. You're right. There's only two of us in our cell while other cells has more than five people. Why didn't they just transfer her to our cell?"

"Because both of you are crazy and dangerous. Our Beth will only suffer if she lives with you" another voice interrupted their conversation.

People in this prison considered Harley as a dangerous creature because of her crazy character. She doesn't hesitate to do anything or tell anything that crossed her mind. On the other hand Sarah is a well known killer despite her calm and collected appearance. Maybe that's why they both stay together.

"You're right. There's only four people in our cell. Bethany should stay with us. We are not that dangerous as them" the other one added. But the fight over Bethany didn't last long because someone scolded them for talking with each other during the work time.

After seeing all those scary womans were getting scolded like children someone chuckled slightly which immediately collected everyone's attention. Of course there's only one person who is capable of surprising everyone just by a small chuckle.

"Oh my freaking god! She laughed! That was an angelic" Harley was the one who broke the silence causing Bethany's bright smile change into confusion.

SLAP!

"You stupid b*tch. Because of you she stopped smiling" Sarah slapped Harley real hard but Harley wasn't angry at that. She knows what she did wrong and regretted it more than every crimes she did before.

"Was it something rare?" Bethany asked softly which stopped Sarah from any further scolding towards the girl.

"Yes! It's your smile Bethany. I mean you act like a walking doll all the time but I finally get to see some reaction fr-..."

SLAP!!

Sarah's palm connected to Harley's other cheeck again, slapping even harder this time.

"Why did you do that again?!!"

"Because you're fool. Now let's end this shity work faster" Sarah cut her off as she continues to cut the grasses, leaving no room for conversation.

"Tch, stupid old virgin..."

SLAP!!

"Okay okay I'm sorry. You and your crazy strength" Harley only surrendered after another slap from Sarah. They were like a sisters if only Harley's hair wasn't colorful.

Bethany was feeling a lot of joy just from watching them from afar. But her joy didn't last long because guards ordered them to go inside. The moment she entered her cell the strange feeling filled her chest as usual.

She guessed it was loneliness because she feels it whenever she's alone which is most of the time.

"Hello sweetie. Did you miss me?" The same friendly voice greeted her afterwards, opening the door and he entered in without permission. He was acting like he actually owns this place for some reason.

"No. You were standing there with me whole day" Bethany answered coldly. She doesn't like this guy, especially when he smiles nad whisper sweet words.

'And here I thought, he is my only friend in the world..'

"Don't be so cold. I'm here to give you my daily gift..." he said and revealed something from his pocket.

It was another little box, similar to the one he gave yesterday. But Bethany didn't try to guess what's inside because for some reason she doesn't want to open the gifts he gave her anymore.

"If you don't open my gifts, you'll regret it I~cy"

With that familiar nickname Bethany's already angry expression changed into a more furious one as she grabbed his shirt tightly without giving him a time to react.

"How do you know that name?" Bethany asked through greeted teeth.

"Haha, I knew you would show a face like that. Do you think I didn't know anything about you? Your family never registered you so in surface Silvain family has only one son. It's like you never existed from the beginning so I asked from the few people I've captured. Such as your step mother.."

At that time Bethany wanted to slap that smirk off his mouth but attacking a guard would lead to a severe punishment. She might become unable to meet others. And that's exactly what Stephen wants now.

"Get out of here before I kill you. I don't mind it though" she warned him in a lower tone with a death glare before releasing him. So they got her stepmother huh...

Not like any of her family members would care though. She was just a woman her father had to marry because of some problems. But she was the only ordinary human in that house. She was the first person who taught her something different from hurting other.

"Behind that poker face you're making, I know you're tired. If you wanna save that woman you should agree to come with me in a month. And remember, I'll give you gifts like this will everyday. Maybe I should give that woman's head tomorrow" he muttered the last part as if he was talking to himself and finally left.

Now there was another heavy thing in her chest again. She can still remember the day her eyes meet that woman's deep blue eyes and what she saw from her was...

...a warm generous smile.

'I'm sorry for sacrificing you, mother'

In the end even for her one of the dearest person she didn't shed a drop of tear.

'I'm such a monster'