23.5. Regret

"1....2....3....4....5....6....7....8....9....." The guys were currently doing push ups. Their voice filled the whole backyard as sun finally started to show up, brightening every soldiers heart. 

They all were happy at first because they escaped from Harley and Daniel's grasp. Daniel is an old man that worked for Valentine family for 30 years and really strict to the people below him. But their problem was Harley. Everything was peaceful when she was in prison but since she came back now she would start teaching them again was what soldiers thought. 

Harley has an unending stamina. She would order them to climb the tree, jump from the cliff or hunt a bear with their bare hands. Every mission she gave was life threatening. 

And then that crazy Harley just brought another soft looking girl saying she'll become their 'instructor'. At that time no one thought their new teacher would be even more crazier and stricter than the 'Harley Quinn'. 

Their new instructor woke them up at 4am and ordered them to run 10 km in 40 minutes. Not only that they all have to do 100 sit ups if they can't run in 40 min and now after the punishment they all start to do 100 push ups. It's all basic exercises and if person tries, they can do it. However without enough sleep and with an empty stomach most of them collapsed after running 6 km let alone in 40 minutes. 

"65...66...67...68...69..."

"Stop!" Bethany said and everyone stopped immediately. They were all hoping to rest and eat breakfast at least drink a drop of water. But as they say 'the wolf in sheep's clothes' didn't allow them to.

"16 of you aren't matching the count. Start again"

With a small groan they all began again. No one dared to complain as they all witnessed what happens to a person who 'complains'. Being next to this devil-girl was more threatening than hunting a bear with bare hands.

"Harley, You aren't matching the count either. Why are you slowing down?" Bethany said, looking down as she read a book. It's a miracle that she's able to tell who is and who isn't matching while reading a book and keeping her composure on certain someone's back. 

"Because there's another 50 kg thing on my back" Harley barely muttered and managed to do the push up once more. 

"If I remember correctly I weight only 49 kg. You're weak, Harley"

"Shut up. I am not done yet"

All the other soldiers were in awe. Seeing the greatest monster Harley sweating all over and struggling to do something simple as push ups, they all gathered their power back. Before Harley was like an unbreakable wall but now someone on her back was simply blowing that wall.

"10 of you aren't matching the count. Start again"

Another groan escaped from their mouth, especially from Harley. She was regretting her decision very bad. 

As for Bethany she was just taking her anger out on them. The gift from yesterday really pissed her off and she didn't see Sarah till now. When the training started Harley tried to escape after doing 60 sit ups and she had to run after her. Of course now Harley was paying for her reckless decision. 

The torture continued until everyone managed to do 100 push ups without any discrepancies. There's over 60 people in total and with their tired body doing 100 push ups at the same time was basically impossible. But their mind desired for food and win over Harley so they somehow managed to finish it. After the training everyone begged for Harley to become their instructor again but Harley's confidence and soul was long gone. Her pride about her stamina shattered into pieces in front of her subordinates thanks to some 19 years old girl. 

That's when a brilliant idea crossed in Harley's mind. She will buy time for the sake of her people and herself.

"Sarah, you need to apologize to Bethany"

"Huh?"

Her plan was keeping Bethany busy. Therefore her friend Sarah, the sweet and long talker still has to apologize to Bethany. So she'll be killing two birds with one stone. 

"Why so sudden...?"

"If not I've a feeling that you two will never talk to each other again. You definitely need to apologize"

"Fine. I will" Sarah accepted with a sigh. Even though Harley just made that up Sarah believed her because most of her intuitions come true.

"Promise?"

"Mhm"

And thanks to that she and the guys were spared from Bethany's training.

Just for a day.

***

Sorry for not updating for awhile. I will update the next chapter on Friday.

Also I started a new book. Please try it if you're bored. 

Thanks for reading^^

"