11. Threat

"Guard! Someone left me this. Care to explain how someone is sending me a gift in this place!" Bethany bursted of angrily towards the guard who is supposed to be her 24/7 guard.

Because she's from ED quarter someone must guard her every single minute so there's always someone outside of her door unlike other prisoners.

She waited for response but it never came. Instead the huge iron door opened slowly, revealing a man in uniform with a pair of familiar eyes. He walked in and closed the door before locking it.

Bethany can recognize those eyes everywhere.

"Stephen?"

"Wow, that was fast. I thought it would at least took a few minutes to make you realize me but looks like I was wrong. It makes me feel so special though" he chuckled with his usual cheerful expression.

As he said it was quite amazing how Bethany remembered him so fast. To turn into normal guard he changed his white hair color into black, which is his natural hair color and grow it a little. Even after changing his clothes he looked like a totally different person but his girl was still able to figure him out so quickly.

'As expected of my future wife..'

"Why're you here? After causing me so much trouble you've finally decided to show up to cause more?" The usual antisocial girl asked many questions which surprised Stephen.

"You know I hate pain! Why did you open every door just to leave? Can't you just escape quietly?!" She continued. But in a blink of an eye the man grabbed her shoulders and slammed her against the door.

Thud!

'T-that was fast'

Bethany didn't even try to hide her surprised expression. She, herself is an excellent assassin that can surpass other assassins from underworld easily but this guy was faster than everyone she has ever seen including her brother.

"Listen! I don't want you to talk to me in that tone ever again. So let me ask you something. Why didn't you leave when you had the chance?!"

This question really made Bethany speechless. She hates her family for hurting her and made her a killing machine but it doesn't mean she can just allow them to die. After all no matter how bad they were, they're still blood related and one family.

If she tells him the real reason he'll hunt them down. Her father is in a weak condition and since she doesn't have mother her brother must be carrying a huge duty on his own. If Stephen steps in her brother might die from stress.

"Answer me. Why? Am I not good enough for you to rely on? Why are you being so unreasonable?" Stephen snapped as he grabbed her shirt.

"Stop being stupid. Weak dies and strong survives. It's the law of nature! What you did isn't sin. You don't need to suffer in a place like this. You deserve to be happy" He continued without realizing he is gripping her shirt too tight. Her small form was barely standing on her toes.

Bethany stared forward into his eyes without any hint of fear or emotions while grabbing his wrist tightly. But as expected Bethany was no match with him in strength.

"It hurts"

The realization hits him as he released her and put her down slowly. Then Bethany continued to talk.

"I hate people like you. Just like father and brother you don't care about my opinions and try to make me do something I don't wanna do. You're stubborn and arrogant. That's why I'll never leave this place. Especially not with you"

Her straight forward answers make him frown even more. That wasn't the answer he expected.

"Fine. I'll leave now. But remember..." he paused as he whispered the last part in her ears quietly. "I'll destroy this place just like before in a month. And even at that time you're not willing to go with me I'll still follow you every place you go and destroy it until you give up"

THUD!!

Bethany slowly walked towards her bed as she stared towards the direction he left.

"I don't want to.."

***
"Hey, Ted! Did your shift finish today?"

"Yes. I'm planning to rest a bit now" Stephen answered with a smile while changing his white shirt into normal T-shirt. Ted is the name he uses in this place in order to disguise himself as a guard.

"Woah.. what happened to your wrist?" The guy asked again in amusement after witnessing the huge bruise on Stephen's wrist. Stephen stared towards it before realizing where he got this from.

"Haha, that's an important gift of mine" he answered with a smirk as he continues to stare towards it.

"Hhahaha, gift you say..?" the other man chuckled and left the room.

'She really is something more than a pretty girl...my wrist has broken'