9. Her fear

"Where's she?" A man in suit asked from the young woman, who is wearing office clothes while standing in front of the certain iron door.

"She's in that room" she answered politely.

"Why the hell did you guys think she's the mastermind behind 'Open day'? She's just a helpless teenager who only knows how survive!" He yelled. Yes, he was angry, frustrated about what they did to her all these days.

"Jack, please calm down. We just did what we suppose to do. She's the only clue we've! Furthermore she's the only person who was close to that guy and there was tons of suspicious things in her room" the woman fired back, not willing to give up easily. As a woman and mother of a few children it hurts her pride whenever she saw that girl in that state.

Such a young looking girl doesn't deserve it but there's no other way. The command was from higher ups.

The man, known as commander of the guards of XXth prison, Jackson Scott pushed the woman aside as if he doesn't hear her and entered the room in a rush.

And there she was, Bethany who is sitting on a chair, covered in her own blood and bruises from head to toe. She was sleeping...no, unconscious at that time so only thing holding her body on the chair was handcuffs that cuffed her hands behind the chair.

"BETH!!" Jackson yelled as he ran towards her to help or even wake her up. But she was sitting there like she's already dead.

"Hey Bethany, wake up! You should stay with me" he continued to mumble as he hugged her weak fragile body, his clothes also turning red from her blood.

"Why didn't you guys at least bandage her! She's almost dying" he now yelled at the woman outside, Ms. Natalia and other soldiers next to her, who tortured her till this state.

"It's an order from general Franco. But since that girl doesn't know anything we decided to transfer her to the normal female's prison" Ms. Natalia said like it was a good news.

If it wasn't for her terrible wounds Jackson would be happy but it's not time for happiness. That order doesn't make sense. They're almost executing her by making her bleed this much.

But if he disobey order from higher ups he'll be the executed one. It's the cruel law of the government to prevent anyone from betraying them. Since he can't help he decided to wake her up so she can bandage herself and release her hand.

He knows something like this cheap cuff won't be able to prevent her movements.

"Bethany, please wake up. I'm begging you.." the tear filled her eyes, turning everything blurry. But there was response. He thought he was losing her bit by bit.

"Please. I'll definitely buy you sweets and fairy tales. So please just wake up.." the young brave man actually cried. But since everyone thought she was dying they didn't blame or laugh at him. However the girl was still breathing perfectly fine.

"Promise?"

"Yes, I pro-... Oh my god! You're awake" Jack gasped in happiness as he quickly released her from his crushing hug.

"They didn't let me sleep for many days so I was tired and just sleeping. Are you okay Mr. Jackson? There's water in your eyes" Bethany explained everything and asked bluntly since she doesn't know what tears is and no one around her cries. People do cry only before their death in her opinion so she was wondering why Mr. Jackson was crying.

"A-ah, it..it's... my eyes were just sweating! Yes, a sweat hahaha"

The huge sense of shameful feeling filled his mind as his face turned into as red as tomato. Guards were ready to take picture because seeing cold, ruthless, scary looking commander blushing with a cried face is as rare as rabbit with a horns.

"Are you okay, Ms. Silvain? You can release your hands if you want" said Ms. Natalia with a worried expression on her face. This girl was weird.

For the whole process of a long torture she insisted on the fact about her not being the mastermind or something to do with it. If it was a normal person they would've given up even if it wasn't their fault but she didn't and recieve everything patiently. She didn't cry or beg to stop. She just sat there patiently, waiting for it to end.

'As if she is used to being abused..'

"I'm fine" she answered and something fell on the floor as she rubbed her wrists to ease the pain.

Of course that something is her cuffs that's supposed to be on her wrists instead of the floor. And she just divided the cuffs made in I.A, (one of the best factory that makes the best weapons) into so many pieces in few seconds.

"Are you sure you're okay? I'm sorry but we can't give you anything to treat your wounds.." Jackson sounds guilty about that.

"It's okay. The bleeding will stop after few hours' sleep so Ms. Natalia.." she suddenly called her out of nowhere, distracting her from her thoughts.

"A-ah, what's wrong?"

'Is she going to ask for painkiller? Since it's not forbidden I can give it to her..' Ms. Natalia thought. She's the one who witnessed the horrible torture so she thought she should at least help her that much but..

"Could you please lend me a towel and comb?"

What she asked wasn't something that can help her health. She was worrying about how she looks because after so many days of torture her hair was a mess and the blood around her body didn't help at all. It'll scare the people around her.

She gave the things Bethany requested as she stared at her from afar. She wasn't curious about her or pitying her. What Natalia felt after she saw her was pure fear about what'll happen if someone like her actually became free.

After all she's a monster that can endure electric shocks and powerful punches from well trained soldiers without no fear or emotion in her eyes.