Come back

It's been three weeks since Luke's party and three weeks since luke has talked to me at all. I usually stay at home if I'm not working now, since I wouldn't want to cause any drama by going to the guys' recording studio.

"Zara, I'm home," Ashton yelled as he walked into the house.

"Living room," i yelled back.

He walked in and his features immediatley softened.

"How ya doin' babe?"

"Not great. I miss him, Ash."

"I know you do."

I sighed and picked up my phone. I had an alert that someone had tagged me in a post on instagram. It was a picture of Luke and Arzaylea and they were holding hands. But Luke looked really upset, like he was about to cry.

"Is he okay?" I asked Ashton.

"Luke?"

I nodded.

"No. He hasn't been acting like himself recently. He's been showing up late to practice if he even shows up at all. And when he does he looks awful."

I sighed and shook my head.

"I should never have said anything," I said quietly.

"It's not your fault, Zara," Ash assured me.

I looked at the clock on the wall. 10:42.

"I'm going to bed, okay?" I sighed as I got up from my space on the couch.

"Okay. I just have to shower and then I'll be in bed."

I nodded and walked upstairs to our bedroom. I was looking for something to wear to bed when I got to the back of our closet. Hanging there was a sweatshirt that Luke had given to me years ago the first time they went on tour. I threw it on along with a pair of shorts. I finally climbed into bed. As soon as I felt the bed dip next to me and Ashton's arm draped around my waist, i fell asleep.

BOOM BOOM BOOM.

My eyes shot open. Someone was pounding on our front door. I quietly got up and walked downstairs. It was pouring outside, so it made everything just a bit scarier. By the time I got to the front door, i felt my heart beating rapidly.

"Who is it?"

"Luke."

I swung the door open and saw Luke standing there. He looked super disheveled and he was soaked from the rain.

"What the hell are you doing here at 3 am?" I scolded.

"She cheated on me."

I felt anger pulse through me.

"What?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"She cheated on me. She was just using me for my money, Z. I should have listened to you. I'm so sorry i shut you o-"

I cut his off by pulling him into a hug. He sobbed onto my shoulder and his clothes got me all wet, but i didnt care.

"Shhh. I'm here, Luke. I'll always be here for you. Don't apologize, please," I whispered.

I know I shouldn't have forgave him that easy, but he needed me.

"I was such a dick, Zara."

"I know. But it doesn't matter anymore."

I lead him to the couch and sat him down. I handed him a pillow and a blanket.

"Stay here as long as you need, okay?" I offered.

He nodded.

"Can you stay down here with me? Please?" he asked.

"Of course I can."