Skype

message from mikey :P : zara are u ok??

message from lulu :) : z please answer our calls

message from cal ;) : zara we just wanna make sure you're okay please

message from ash ;-; : zara please skype me i need to see you

My breathe hitched in my throat after reading Ashton's message. I looked up at Harper who was sitting next to me on the couch.

"Call him," she prompted.

I nodded and grabbed my laptop, opening skype. I saw that ashton was online. I wiped the mascara from my cheeks and took a deep breath before clicking on ashton's profile. I tried to keep a strict face. It didn't even ring because Ashton answered immediately. Ash popped up on my screen, and I felt my features soften. His usually bright hazel eyes were dull and bloodshot. They were puffy and red, probably from crying.

"H-hey Zara," he sniffled.

"Hi," I responded quietly.

"Look, I-I'm really sorry. Harper said you were really upset."

I shot Harper a look before looking back at Ash.

"A little, yeah."

"I just want you to know that Gemma and I are just friends. W-we were pretending to be together," he admitted.

"Pretending? Why?" I asked.

"B-because. Both of us wanted to make someone jealous. She has an ex-boyfriend she wants to get back together with," he explained.

"And you?"

"And, well, I have you. I wanted to make you jealous," he murmured, scratching the back of his neck.

"Me?" I repeated. "Why?"

He sighed before saying, "Because I really like you and I didn't think you liked me back and I thought that maybe if you saw me with another girl that you would realize that you liked me and i didnt know that it would hurt your fe-"

"Oh my God Ash slow down," I said, lightly chuckling.

"Sorry," he apologized.

We sat and stared at each other for a bit until I said, "I like you too."

"You really do?" He asked as his eyes widened.

I nodded, a small smile forming on my face. He grinned widely.

"Oh my God just date already," a voice groaned from behind Ashton.

Michael popped up from behind him.

"Hi mikey," I smiled.

"Hi Mrs. Irwin," he laughed, earning a smack from Ashton.

"U-uhm. Zara, when I get back do you maybe wanna go on a date?" Ashton asked, biting his bottom lip nervously.

"Yeah. I will."