Hi, I'm Luke.

Just a quick a/n, this story isn't really going to line up with real life bc in this universe, Zara pushes them to do everything. so dont come for me. ok enjoy :).

Zara sat alone on the playground, watching the other kids laugh and play. The small 8 year old girl had just moved to Sydney, which meant she had no friends. She picked up a small stick that was next to her foot and drew in the dirt to pass time. She was almost done with her butterfly, when she saw a pair of black sneakers stop in front of her. She looked up to see a boy her age with messy blonde hair and pretty blue eyes.

"Hi, I'm Luke. What's your name?" the boy asked.

"Zara," she answered quietly.

"Why are you sitting all alone?" Luke asked her, lowering down to her level.

"Nobody wants to be my friend," she shrugged, holding back tears.

"I'll be your friend! No, even better. I'll be your best friend!" Luke offered, hugging her tightly.

This was the beginning to a beautiful friendship. Oh, I should probably mention that I'm Zara. Yeah. That small dork changed my life that day. And I'm so glad he did.

Fast forward a couple years. Luke and I are both 15, and going to school with Michael and Calum. At this point, I was close with all three of them. We hung out all the time after school, and our parents even trusted us to have sleepovers (which happened every weekend, and sometimes on school nights). 

"Hey Lulu, coming to my place after school? Michael and Calum are gonna be there," I asked, leaning agaisnt his locker.

"One, I told you not to call me that in public and two, obviously."

I threw my arm around his shoulder and walked with him to our next class. The day went by pretty quickly after that, and the four of us met up by my bus. We all piled on and desperately tried - but failed - to all sit in one seat. I ended up sitting with Calum, and Michael ended up sitting with Luke. Once we got to my house, we all threw our stuff in my room and headed to my garage. They each grabbed their individual instruments and sat in their usual spots.

"Okay listen up. Once I tell you to go, introduce yourselves and start playing," I instructed them.

I had recently gotten them to start doing youtube, because they had all formed a band together. They called it 5 Seconds of Summer. I didn't want to be a part of the band, so I filmed and edited their videos.

"Ready? Go."

"Hi I'm Luke, this is Calum and Michael, and we are 5 Seconds of Summer. And this is our cover of Teenage Dirtbag."

They started playing, but I stopped them.

"You guys sound amazing, but something is missing," I told them.

"How about a drummer?" Calum suggested.

"Calum you're a genius!" I yelled, kissing his cheek.

"Yuck, Zara cooties," he laughed as he wiped his cheek.

"Oh hush," I said as I grabbed Michael's computer that was sitting by his backpack.

I quickly typed in his password and went to his facebook.

"How did you know my passwo-"

"Michael I am TRYING to focus here," I said, waving my hand at him.

"Yeah, Michael," Luke laughed.

"Shut up Luke," Michael whined, slapping the back of Luke's head.

"Ow."

"Look, there's a whole list of drummers!" Calum pointed out.

"Let's scroll through 'em then. To headquarters!"

"To headquarters!" All the boys repeated, following me up to my room.

Hours had gone by, and we still hadn't found a drummer. 

"Gabe Smith, 16, has a car, lives in sydney," Michael read out loud. 

"Nope," we all said in unison.

"It's no use. We're never gonna find a drummer," Luke whined, flopping back onto my bed. "It's almost 2 AM guys. Can we please stop?"

"Fine," I said, taking Michael's laptop.

I went to shut it, but then someone caught my eye.

"Wait, guys. How about him?" I asked, showing them the screen.

"What's his name?" Calum asked.

"Ashton Irwin."