Crushed

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LIKE HIM!" Harper yelled.

"For the last time, I don't like him," I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Okay so then who's sweatshirt are you wearing?"

"Ashton's."

"Who do you 'jokingly' call your husband?"

"Ashton."

"Who took you to the last dance you went to at school?"

"Ashton."

"Who's the whole reason Ash is in the band in the first place?"

"Me."

"YOU LIKE HIM! BOOM!" she yelled once again.

"Just because all that stuff happened doesn't mean I like him," I groaned.

"Whatever you say, ma'am. Or should I say MRS.IRWIN."

"That's it," I growled, grabbing the pillow that sat next to me on the couch.

I threw it at her and she fell over.

"Struck by my own best friend," she gasped dramatically.

"Oh God, here we go."

"The girl I nurtured back to help after her heart was broken. The girl I bought McDonald's for. The girl I stole a box of popcorn from Walmart for-"

"Wait what?" I interrupted.

"Sh don't ruin my moment."

"You stole a box of popcorn? It's only like, a dollar," I laughed.

"And the moment has been ruined. Thanks a lot, Zara," she mumbled, brushing off her clothes as she stood up.

"Wasn't a very good moment anyway," I teased.

"My flip flops are right over there. They ca-"

"They can be a very deadly weapon, I know."

Beep beep!

"Harper can you toss me my phone?" I asked.

She nodded and threw my phone at me. I caught it and looked at who had texted me.

message from unknown number: I thought you and Ashton were a thing? image attatchment: 2

I was confused until I looked at the picture. It was Ashton and Gemma Styles. (a/n: no hate to gemma i literally love her) They were hugging in the first one, and in the second one they looked like they were about to kiss. My face dropped, and tears filled my eyes. I took a deep breath and set my phone down. Harper picked it up and looked at what was on the screen. Rage filled her features and she stomped outside taking my phone with her. I didn't bother to follow her. I didn't want to do anything. She was right, I did like him. And I didn't know how much I liked him until now. Until seeing him with another girl made my heart shatter into a million pieces. I didn't bother fighting back the tears that were now falling down my face.

"YOU ASSHOLE!" 

I turned my head to where the yelling had come from. It was right outside my front door. I slowly got up to see what was going on. 

"HOW DARE YOU HURT HER LIKE THIS? YOU TOLD ME YOU LIKED HER, ASHTON!"

What?

"THAT'S NOT HOW YOU GET OVER SOMEONE! AND BESIDES, SHE LIKES YOU TOO. WELL, LIKED," Harper screamed into the phone.

I opened the door all the way, and when Harper saw me her features softened.

"I gotta go," she mumbled into the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"Zara, lo-"

"Who was that?" I repeated more harshly this time.

"Ashton," she said in almost a whisper.

I grabbed my phone back from her hand, and I had dozens of missed messages from all the guys.