Daycare

"Ashton wake up," I smiled, poking his shoulder.

"No," he groaned, pushing his face into his pillow.

"Ashton you're gonna be late to rehearsal if you don't get up," I said, pulling the blanket off him.

He rolled off our bed and walked over to our closet.

"How about this for practice?" he asked, holding up a red t-shirt and black skinny jeans.

I nodded and walked over to pick out my outfit. I settled on a pair of jean shorts and a crop top that Ashton got me that says "My boyfriend's the Drummer". I ran into the bathroom and brushed through my tangled hair.

"I can braid your hair if you want," Ashton offered.

"The last time i let you do my hair i had to cut half of it off," I scoffed.

"In my defense, I had never used a hair straightener on hair that long."

"No."

Ashton grabbed one of my hair ties and pulled his hair back.

"No. No man bun," I frowned, pulling the tie out of his hair.

I ruffled his hair and slipped the hair tie around my wrist.

"Zara! Ashton! Breakfast is ready!" Luke called.

"Let's just hope he didn't make it," Ashton joked.

We both ran downstairs and sat at the table.

"Calum made the food," Luke said, earning a sigh if relief from michael, ashton, and me.

We all ate our eggs and bacon and got ready to go to rehearsals. I go to rehearsals with them all the time unless i have to work. We were all about to load into the car when I got a text from my boss. 

message from stephan: brad got sick. need you to pick up an extra shift today.

I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket.

"You have to work, don't you?" Ashton asked.

I nodded sadly and walked back inside to change. I work at a daycare, so a crop top and skinny jeans wouldn't exactly be the correct wardrobe. I grabbed a pastel pink knee-length dress and threw on a pair of Calum's converse. I grabbed my keys and walked back out to my own car. 

Please let Harper be working today.

I drove to the daycare I worked at and there was no sign of Harper. Just four little kids and a very stressed Stephan. 

"Thank God you're here, Zara. Toby won't stop crying because he only wants you," he sighed.

The small boy ran over to me and hugged my legs tightly. Small tears stained his dark skin but he wiped them away with my dress.

"Hi bub, how are you?" I smiled.

He didn't answer, he just squeezed my legs a bit tighter.

"I gotta go, you sure you got this?" stephan asked.

"Of course. Piece of cake," I assured him.

After a couple hours, everyone's parent's had picked them up except Toby's. They said they would be arriving at 5. Only 40 minutes left.

"Zara, look," the little boy smiled, "I'm gonna be a famous drummer!"

He sat behind the small plastic drumkit and hit random things with the plastic sticks.

"Y'know, my boyfriend is a famous drummer," I told him.

His brown eyes widened.

"Really?"

I nodded and smiled. I gabbed the two drumsticks and sat behind him.

"He taught me this song," I said as I played part of 'She Looks so Perfect' on the fake set.

"Wow," he smiled in awe. "Your boyfriend must be so cool!"

"I mean I guess I am pretty cool," I heard a voice chirp from behind the counter.

I looked up and saw Ashton and Luke standing at the counter, waiting for me.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I hugged them both.

"Well we know your shift end soon, so we came to get you," Luke smiled.

"Is this the famous Toby I hear so much about?" Ashton asked, looking at the small boy hidden behind my legs.

"Yup, isn't he sweet?" I grinned.

After Toby got used to Ashton, it didn't take long for both of them to get attached to each other. I watched as Toby sat in Ash's lap behind the fake drum set. 

"I bet he's gonna be a great dad someday," I whispered to Luke.

Luke formed a smile at me.

"What?" I laughed.

"You want to marry him, don't you?"

I looked over at Ashton and Toby playing.

"Honestly, I can't see myself marrying anyone else," I blushed.