46. Birthday

Vote and comment bc its a gr8 day

Chapter 46 - Birthday 

     My leg couldn't stop shaking. No matter how hard I tried the unstoppable rattling of my leg still continued. The letters on my lap were jiggling just the same. I had four, one for each of the boys and Brenna.

    Alex and I were on our way to her birthday get together. It was just about to be five, and already I was just wanted to get this done and over with, besides, I had homework I could be doing too.

     "Don't worry, angel," Alex cooed. "Brenna was completely okay with you coming, plus, your apology letters are amazing."

    I sighed deeply. I worked hard on the letters, perfecting them to my fullest extent and tailoring them to each of the boys' personalities. I was trying, and at least I could say I did if this whole thing failed.

       But hopefully, it wouldn’t and everyone will accept my apology, and we will be on the road to greater friendships. I needed this to work out, for the sake of Alex's and I's relationship to be stronger and better.

"What if -" I said, until he cut me off.

     "No, what if's. Everything will be okay, and if not, you still have me no matter what." He smiled gently and took my hand into his, squeezing it delicately. 

      I nodded my head. I glanced at my outfit and had my doubts on it. Skinny jeans and a blue sweater were suitable for a birthday event, right? I groaned from my thoughts.

      Alex wore a flannel and work-out shorts, which was insane of him to wear, it was just the end of March, it wasn't like it was summer or anything. But he'll wear what he wants, with the occasional complaining from me.

  "Brenna's turning eighteen, right?" I asked making sure I got my facts correct. It would be more than embarrassing if I had them all wrong.

      "Eighteen, yeah." he confirmed. We took a left turn down a familiar road. We were gaining closer to Jack's house and the nervous bottom in me was persistently growing.

      "I'll be turning nineteen this year." I randomly informed. My eyes were glued to the road, keeping track of how many minutes we had left in traveling.

"Whatcha trying to say? You're sick and tired of hanging around seventeen and eighteen year olds?" His sassy tone caused a giggle to escape from my lips. 

     "Alex, I'm still eighteen and so are you." I chuckled with my eyes rolling. He was sometimes too playful in a nervous wreck situation, and that was why I loved him. 

     Shortly, we arrived to Jack's house. There was a single balloon tied to the mail box, floating in the wind. We parked in the driveway along with the other two cars that were here. 

     I gradually took off my seatbelt cautiously as Alex turned off the engine. It was now or never, and this had to be done. I was having second thoughts; perhaps I could just mail them the letters instead of handing them personally. Sure, it would make me a coward, but it would save me from the borderline panic attack I was about to endure.

    "Are you ready?" he asked, about to get out.

"No," I answer truthfully. "but it doesn't matter at this point."

     I exhale and inhale calmly, trying to maintain a peaceful state. Finally, I opened the car door and got out as Alex did at the equivalent time.