51. Final Exams

Chapter 51 - Final Exams

       The moment had finally come. After weeks of preparation, as if I was studying for the S.A.T, final exams week had eventually arrived, and I was on the verge of a total mental breakdown. The bags underneath my eyes were questionable and my greasy hair screamed out how long I hadn't washed it. My clothes were unwashed and wrinkled, and the worse part was that was exactly how I was for the rest of the week of testing.

      Monday passed in a blur. I barely remembered even going to school to take the first two exams, and I didn't get to see Alex at all, which was disappointing. It felt like my insides were dying, and the exhaustion was gaining on me. I had crammed so much information into my brain; it seemed as if I was on the brick of death.

      In fact, Tuesday and Wednesday were equally as miserable, maybe even worse. Alex and I only saw each other for ten minutes between the two days. Our schedules were the complete opposite and he had immediate band practice after school for five hours. 

      Thursday went sluggishly slow just like the past three days did. However, it was the last day of testing, and Friday we had off. I longed to scream on the top of my lungs that I finally made it through hell. It was kind of ironic in a way. I had too many types of hells. There was school-hell, my nightmares-hell, and then the miscellaneous-hell (That was the hell where if Alex and I were arguing would go into).

        Now, I was on my way to the senior parking lot to meet up with Alex. The power in my legs was rapid at the thought of being able to spend time with him after what seemed like forever. Quality time was all that I needed to make me feel better. No amount of showers, naps, and TV shows would be able to cure my final exam hang over. 

       Eventually, I arrived to his car just in time. He had his back facing me as he placed his book bag into the trunk of his car. He wore a jean-jacket and tight fitted jeans from the looks of it as I walked up to him, and wrapped my arms around him. He flinched for a second, but instantly relaxed when he noticed who it was.

     "Well, hello there," he chuckled, and turned around to peck a kiss on my lips. He placed his arms loosely on my shoulders, his body towering over me as we embraced each other. "How was your day?"

      "You're really going to ask that question, Lex?" I bit back jokingly. 

    He shook his head with a smile on his lips. "C'mon, we don't want to be late." He said before letting ago of me.

     We planned to go to an ice cream parlor with Jack, Brenna, Rian, and Zack as a celebration for completing final exams week without having to be sent to a mental hospital. It was a miracle it seemed like as I thought about it while Alex and I drove away from the school.

     Graduation was in a short week. I had survived high school, middle school and elementary somehow. It was a mystery how I even outlast with my disability constantly dragging me down, but I did it, and I was proud of myself for once in my life. 

        And then there was Alex. He fitted into my life nearly perfectly despite the few (more like multiple) bumps in the road. But here we were, soon to be graduates and I wouldn't want it to be any other way or with anyone else. This boy was my soulmate, I was sure of it. Any time or anywhere, as long as I was with him, he made me feel at peace and calm every time, whether we are sitting on his bed, staring at the blank ceiling, or jumping into freezing lakes naked and drunk. I was in love with him.

      "Why are you smiling like a fool?" Alex stopped my train of thoughts. His free hand was holding mine as the other was on the steering wheel.

        I cheekily smiled, debating whether if I should tell him or not. It was a tad bit embarrassing to admit all the love gush thoughts I had, but then again, Alex had seen me down to my full bare naked personality. I had nothing to hide.

     "Because I'm in love you," I held out the last word a little longer in a teasing way. It was cheesy, but indeed true.

         Alex’s small dimple was on showcase with a bright smile. He tried to come up with something to say, but was left speechless and could only grin. He held a vibrant glow as we continued to drive down the road we were on.

       It wasn't before long until we eventually arrived to the ice cream shop. Already, the boys and Brenna were waiting outside on a wooden bench when we parked in one of the empty spaces. 

      We got out of the car and immediately greeted them, but of course, Alex had done all the talking while I smiled silently. They continued to chatter when we entered the 50's theme parlor. Vintage Coca Cola signs were hanging on the walls, the floor was a checkered black and white title, and a jukebox was blasting Elvis Presley. Mint green colored bar stools were lined up against the rather large counter. 

      We all got in line. Brenna was still deciding what she should get. The shop had dozens of choices to choose from. Jack ended up getting a banana split, which he and Brenna ended up sharing.

     Now, it was my turn in line. Luckily, Alex was right behind me, knowing exactly what I wanted when the employee had asked what I wanted.

     "She'll have a waffle cone with Cookies and Cream, and I'll have the same." Alex ordered, wrapping his arm around my waist.

    Once we got our ice cream, we all sat around the one booth that was able to sit all of us.

    "A toast for getting through final exams," Rian cheered, raising his cone, following by all of our cones being raised into the air.

      There were a few minutes of silence and the jukebox spinning tunes while we enjoyed the taste of our ice cream. Fortunately, the tension between all of us had vanished over time. It was like things were back to normal after Brenna's birthday. However, knowing Alex's bandmates did research on what type of mental disorders I might have and presented it to him was still very much in the back of my head, and never left my mind.

   "...I can't believe we're leaving on tour in nine days," Rian stated.

     Jack had taken a big scoop of his split before he talked. "It's only for a week tour, but maybe Emerald Moon will set something up afterwards."

       I heard Alex mention Emerald Moon before, but never talked about it too much. It was their record label company, and in which they released The Party Scene and their EP on.

      "Speaking of our record label company," Alex grumbled a little. "We need to expand more. We can't stay with them forever."

   "After the tour we can talk to Matt about giving out some demos to other labels." Zack spoke up.

      After that, I zoned out the business talk of All Time Low. Sure, it was important and it was their future, but I was almost in denial of was coming up for us. As a couple, I wanted everything to stay the same. This summer was going to come with change, and I knew deep down inside, as I sat eating my ice cream, I wasn't ready for it.

______

a.n

sorry for shortness. Vote and comment so I know our love is real. Plus, lailex feels man.

-kc feb/28/15

(Four more chapters omfg)