38. Bed of Roses

Chapter 38 - Bed of Roses

    I can do this, I mentally spoke.

      My trembling hands gazed over the soft fabric of my band t-shirt while I stood in front of my dirty mirror, which had me appearing with my hair pulled back and my eyeliner nicely winged, and along with black tight skinny jeans.

   A small nervous shock wave flowed through my body again, making my stomach turn upside down unpleasantly.

    I was preparing myself for all the hundreds and hundreds of kids screaming on top of their lungs, and being in tight quarters with all of them along with the sweatiness.

   It was the night of the Green Day concert.

     Alex was going to be here any second by now, and my anxiety was bursting because I was about to see him once again outside of school, and from the anticipation of seeing one of my favorite bands of all time.

   I grasped my small book bag, and placed a fresh water bottle, my wallet, and house keys. Luckily, Derek was conveniently over at Caleb’s and my father was on a long shift at work, apparently, there was a big deadline for the company he worked for, which all planned out nicely since Alex will be able to pick me up without any complications.

       Despite Alex and me on no talking terms, I still had a piece of faith for this night to turn to be a good one. Concerts were effortlessly a source of pure happiness. It was something both Alex and I needed greatly, even with so many questions that were still left without any answers to them.

     A loud car horn startled me from my deep thinking, making me dash downstairs without even second guessing who it was. I opened the door and was faced with a brown haired boy stepping out of his car, and into the slowly melting snow.

    He wore a Baltimore Ravens’ purple sweater with precisely the same jeans as me, along with combat boots. He paired a grey beanie to compliment his hair and I couldn’t help but smile from his appearance.

    “Hey, Angel,” He briskly said, and then unexpectedly grabbed my hand.

    We both walked back to his car together. The interior was charmingly toasty as we got in. He wasted no time in pulling out of the drive way. The doors opened at seven, which was nearly two hours away.

       I was planning to take a fast powernap for the slightly long ride since going to school today had me exhausted in all shapes and form, but with Alex being right next to me, and attractively too, I just couldn’t close my eyes knowing we were breathing the same air.

       Besides, he was clearly hyped on going to the concert, it was visible from how much he was glowing and smiling ear to ear. He even had one of their albums blasting through the speakers, with the bass blaring.

   “It’s going to be awesome.”  he cheerily smiled.

   I nodded my head with a smile creeping up on my lips. It was refreshing to see him this happy and rejuvenated instead of the gloomy state that he appeared to be in whenever I saw him in school this whole week.

     “We have pit tickets, so make sure you stick with me, alright?” he reminded me.

       I rolled my eyes. He was sometimes too protective and constantly reassuring things with me, but I knew it was out of love.