31. Jealousy

Chapter 31 - Jealousy 

    "Backstreet boys are better, no buts." Alex stubbornly said.

   "No way, Nsync," I argued back, rolling my eyes.

     We were on the road, heading towards a gig that he and the other boys booked. It was Monday night and school had me exhausted but I was still up for going to this gig.

      I had to wear one of Alex's shirts due to the lack of clothing I had, along with a pair of jeans that luckily Alex had kept from some time ago. So far things were good besides my phone, which was blowing up ninety-nine percent of the time.

   It's quite annoying.

     I quickly shut down my phone and tuned into what Alex was saying. He, of course, was still rambling on about the irrational argument between us on which bands are better than the other.

    “Blink-182 is better than New Found Glory, hands down.” He established with a cocky smirk. He had glanced back at me and then put his eyes back on the packed snowy road.

    I snorted loudly. He was bullshit lying right through his teeth. “Oh, yeah right. Mr. I’m-In-A-Band-Named-All-Time-Low, which if I’m correct, happens to be a reference to a New Found Glory song itself.” I proudly smirked while Alex sat dumbfounded that I had caught him red handed.

   He sucked on his teeth, clearly unsure what to say next or perhaps trying to produce a comeback in his sassy mind of his. This was all one big defeat of a slap in his face and I was most certainly showing off how proud I was of myself with the goofy smile that was on display.

    I found myself staring out of the window of the now turning dark sky and the knee high snow. Winter was full blown now and it only made my seasonal depression worsen. Having Alex was a plus and helped me function but there was still that dull and numbing pain in my chest of sadness.

     Everything was gloomy and just grey, including the insides of me, which at this point, was bearably natural. All of this just made me sad, and then there was Alex who was sitting to the left of me, with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my thigh, whistling along to the song that was playing softly. I could live in this moment forever, but forever isn’t no damn guaranteed and I had to make the best of how long my forever was with Alex.

     For the rest of the ride, it was a peaceful silence between him and me, along with the courtesy of the radio playing pop punk tunes.

     We pulled up to the small looking venue, which had scene kids surrounding and socializing around outside somehow. They were absolutely insane for hanging around outside in this cold weather.

    Alex parked the car into an empty lot and cut the power to the engine. He sent me a toothless grin before leaning in towards me. His hand cupped my jaw when the softness of his lips found mine, moving into a slow motion speed. Of what I assumed to be a small kiss had turned into a make out session, his tongue easily found its way into my mouth.

      Our breathing was raged and heated the car even in this twenty degree weather. His hands were all over my body, getting familiar with every inch, while I had mine tugging at his hair that earned me a moan from him.

    Unfortunately he pulled away with a small smile tugging at his lips, “C’mon, we can’t be late, angel.”

     We walked hand and hand into the venue, where there was already another band playing – horribly I like to add. Yet, despite the awful noise that can easily be deemed as a ruckus, there was still kids packed into the tight space who were bobbing their heads to the beat. Honestly, they weren’t here for this band. They were here to see All Time Low.