52. Night Before

Dare ya to comment as much as you can & don't forget to vote ;)

Chapter 52 - Night Before

     Relaxing The Rolling Stones songs, a blanket, and Alex was all that I needed to get into a state of tranquil. We had no school for a week due to senior perks and now, it left us to do absolutely nothing. His apartment was dead, besides from our breathing and barely clothed bodies.

     I was left in my panties and a tank top, along with black knee high socks. Alex, on the other hand, was dressed in boxer-briefs and a plain white t-shirt. 

       In one point in the day, we had a dance marathon to some of the classic rock n' roll songs in slippery socks in the living room. We moved the coffee table to the side, and there we went crazy to Elvis Presley, Queen, and many more.

      However, now we're settled down. Alex was cooking again in the kitchen. He was starting to take a liking to cooking for some strange reason, but I wasn't going to bother with questioning it, only because I enjoyed the food I didn't need to work for.

    "Baby," I whined from the couch. "When's dinner going to be ready?"

   "Never if you continue to whine like that," he called from the kitchen. I could practically feel his eyes on me and see the smirk on his face without even looking.

     I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. Annoying Alex had been a recent hobby of mine that I received enjoyment from. He was easy to tease and his reactions were the best.

    Eventually, Alex appeared with two plates in hand. Handing me one of them, he sat on the opposite of the couch underneath our blanket and tangled our legs together.

      He cooked mashed potatoes, green beans, and chicken. I had to admit, it did look good, and once I took a bite, it tasted more than what it looked. The juicy chicken was mouthwatering and delicious.

   "Is it good?" Alex questioned.

    I took another bite. "Very,"

     After a few minutes of quietness and enjoying our supper, Alex spoke up again. "How do you feel about graduating tomorrow?"

       I groaned loudly. It was a topic I had been trying to avoid. Thinking about it made me nauseous. It was frightening to know I was officially an eighteen year old and a graduate. It had taken 14 years of my life, including when I got held back, to finally be free from school. Now I had to decide whether I should get a degree or do something else. Alex already had his plan and I didn't.

   "Earth to angel?" Alex grabbed my attention. 

    "Oh sorry," I rubbed my eyes, realizing I forgot to respond to his inquiry. 

    "So?" he pushed further onto his previous question.

     I shrugged and played with my food with my fork. "I don't know, Lex." I said. "There's so much to think about."

   "Understandable." he simple said.

       We finished the rest of our food and washed the dishes in the sink together. Alex dried them with a cloth while I  cleaned them in the soapy water before handing them to him. He had gotten behind on doing them, causing the stack to take an hour of our night.

    "You missed a spot," Alex jokingly teased, pointing at the cup I had in my hands.

      "Oh really?" I chuckled. I cupped my hand in the water, and splashed it towards him, causing the liquid to soak his shirt and a gasp fleeing from his mouth. "Now, you've missed a spot."

    Alex left his mouth ajar, baffled by my snarky attitude. "Game. On." 

      In a quick motion, water was squirted onto my face. The wet dirty liquid dripped down to my shirt. My first reaction was grabbing the cup I had, dipping it into the sink, filling it with water.