14. 11:11

A.N To the side is Brenna, who is featured in this chapter.

Chapter 14 - 11:11

"Come in!" My Dad gestured his hand.

It was clear that Rian wasn't expecting that, just by how his smile dropped. I felt terribly bad. Alex was forcing him go through this painful event.

"Let's go to the living room." Derek suggested.

Rian gradually nodded his head and nervously shoved his hands into his pockets. My dad and Derek walked in front of us. Rian and I make the slightest bit of eye contact, worried was all over his face and probably mine as well.

"We need to make this believable." He said into my ear.

I nodded in an agreement after we sat down on the couch. The ceiling fan was the only thing that broke our silence. It was like the quietness in a doctor's waiting room, an odd awkward silence.

I peeked at Rian, and then at Derek and my Dad, who were sitting across from Rian and me. Then I waited for the questions that I knew were about to come towards Rian. I already had my lips sealed shut and there was an awful feeling filling into my veins.

My dad was the first to speak, "So where do you plan to take Laila?"

Rian hesitated, not knowing what to say.

"Dinner." He nodded his head in a fast motion, with his hands anxiously rubbing against his jeans.

Derek was barely buying it, eyeing me suspiciously.

"How did you guys meet?" Derek rubbed his chin, eyes squinting.

Rian's short answer to the question was, "School."

Now, I had the urge to curl up in a ball. Everything was taking a turn for the worse.

"Laila said you guys met at the local library?" My Dad frowned, confused from hearing two different stories.

"Oh uh we know each other from school but-" Rian paused. "we met at the library." His eyes narrowed, and his statement was chopped up, making me clench my hands into fist. The sickening feeling arose in my stomach and my palms were sweaty already.

"Well, just have her home before twelve." My dad sighed with a smile.

I hurriedly stood up, not wanting to waste another minute in this living room. Rian grasped my hand, and I lead us outside. His car was parked in the driveway. Rian so kindly opened the front passenger door for me before entering the car himself. I groaned, relieved that the nightmare was over with. Rian turned on his headlights after starting the engine and pulled out of the driveway, "That was so awkward." He breathed, giving me a sympathetic glance.

"What took so long?"

I jumped instantly in my seat from the unexpected voice. I whipped around in a panic, only to find Alex sitting back up from hiding. My first response was slapping him for scaring me. A small 'ow' left his lips, but his smirk afterwards had made it so tempting to slap him for a second time.

"Well your girl needs to be home by twelve." Rian responded in a snarky tone to Alex.

I involuntarily grinned from what Rian said. 'Your girl'. I didn't know why but something about that made me feel all weird inside. I had never been called anyone else's and it was all back to it being so fresh and different to me. I liked the sound of it though. Alex's girl. It had a nice ring to it. And with all honesty, I wanted to hear it more.

"Are you kidding me? If I went in there I would have been so good that they would let her be with me all night!" Alex out cried, resting his arm on my seat.