7. Gemini

Chapter 7 - Gemini

 The next day I had the entire house to myself when I got home from school, which was a normal thing. My dad was away at work and wouldn't be back until later tonight. My brother was staying over at his girlfriend's house.

 It left me to think without any background noises. It left me to think of all the past years of what I had been doing.

  Thinking was good for the body, but over-thinking was the worst thing someone could do to their body. It was a hard thing to balance evenly. Over-thinking tore down the human mind and it could easily bury the body into anything that seemed like you're sinking. It was called Depression.

That was what it was.

 Everyone goes through a small taste of Depression; most know better to pull their self away from it. But the others, who don't know any better, they were the ones who got addicted to it. It was the sadness where it left them guilty for being even slightly happy.

 It was an odd concept to consider and not many could allow their brain to think of it in that way. The ones who do think that way, I called them brilliant.

I was brilliant.

  I stored my journal away that held words that expressed me better than anything else. It was bizarre to think if this journal were to be read by a stranger, they would be able to understand me inside and out, but yet didn't need to meet me in person to cast a judgment. They would just know from the words that I wrote.

  It was when the doorbell unexpectedly rung when I finally exited my bedroom. I opened the front door once I made it downstairs, but immediately slammed it shut.

 Without thinking any further, I raced through the kitchen for the search of paper and a pen. My heart exhilarated at the fact he was at my door steps, but my mind said otherwise. He shouldn't be here, but he was.

 I reached back to the door with paper in one hand and the other with a pen. He was ringing the bell non stop as if his mission was to annoy me. But I was determined to not let him complete that mission.

 I quickly scribbled my thoughts down onto the paper and yanked the door wide open, only to be faced with the one and only Alexander Gaskarth.

 "Nice pajamas." His smirk formed as he eyed me up and down. "Now will you let me in or are you going to slam the door in my face again?"

 I felt my cheeks burn red at the sudden thought of what I was wearing -  a Green Day t-shirt and black and white poka-dot shorts.

 I took a step backwards, allowing him to enter, and close the door behind him. I smashed the letter into his chest, which he grabbed a hold of with his hands.

 He read it with a laugh. "What are you doing here!?" He tried to imitate my voice but failed miserably.

I rolled my eyes. It was weird having him in my actual home. It was for the first time, and for a second, I nearly panicked. I guiding him towards the living room, knowing it was a good and safe area.

 "You're cute when you roll your eyes, did you know that?" He said as he followed me. I snorted loudly from his claim. He was in my house, trudging behind me while being flirty. Never would I imagine this happening. I almost didn't know what to do with myself.

 I sat down on the couch in my living room and so did he. He handed back my letter and I began to write once again.

 "Why are you here?" He spoke out loud once I gave him the letter back. "That's a very good question. I'm not sure either. To be honest I was hoping you'd have food."