22. Impulsive

a.n - This chapter contains a bit of blood and etc. You'll realize when it comes, so please don't read the slightest part if you know it will trigger you. Privately message me if you'd like a brief summary of it, or message me if you just need anyone to talk to :) <3

Chapter 22 - Impulsive

   The tears in eyes showed a different emotion from the gritting of my teeth. Hurt, and utterly angry flooded in me. All of my written hard worked papers completely ripped from their privacy and scattered on the floor, my bed, and my desk. This made my blood run cold with the word 'vandalized' circulating in my head.

    Derek and Dad's jaw both dropped, probably not expecting to get caught in the act. Derek's hand unclutched the wad of my papers, and slowly they fell to the floor.

   "Laila," Dad cautiously said, taking a small step closer. His hand is carefully raised, almost as if he was thinking I'd do something.

   Feeling beyond betrayed, I take a step away from them. My fists still yet to remain to my side. I was almost certain that blood might be withdrawal due to the harshness of my nails digging into the palm of my hands.

   "It's not what it looks." He had softness in his voice that made me wonder what truly was going on.

   All the papers that they went through, they held so many of my personal thoughts, desires, and emotions. Including, Alex. That's who I ever wrote about now it felt like, and knowing the fact that Derek and Dad now knew, it made me almost sick to my stomach. Every single structured sentence, word, and all of my deepest thoughts, completely seen by them, and they were all consumed by Alex.

   This was terribly bad, and I knew his voice was too calm after reading what I had wrote. Besides that, I was outraged by the fact they had the nerve to go through my personal things.

  "Bullshit!" I screamed. Pushing on my father's chest, he had no idea that it was coming. The kicking of my legs and my arms aimlessly being thrown everywhere had hit my dad, for the very first time out of my whole life, I had hit my dad out of anger that I never knew I had in me.

   Of course, I've been angry before, but not this type of one. With my screams piercing their ears and mine, Derek got a grip of me and pushed me away. The room began to take a spin and for a second, I was positive I was about to pass out from the heat surging through me now.

    My veins popped out of my skin, and my fists still trying to connect to whatever. My father regained his balance quickly. Some spots on his face were already turning to a disorientation color of purples and an ugly brown.

   The ragged breathing of mine filled the room, along with the people I had once trusted. My father's eyes held sorrow, with the way his bags hung underneath the  and when he licked his chapped lips - speechless, I'm sure he is. I felt Derek's grip become loose; I took this time to run - once again.

    With my legs burning from the adrenaline rush, I make it out the door with my name being hollered over and over again.

   The awful wind had picked up, whipping my face while I ran down the street. They were getting closer, but with my legs speeding by, I knew I could easily lose them.

   It was already turning night, and the chilling weather caused my lungs to sting as my heavy breaths grew rapidly. My surroundings passed me in one big blur, and the sound of my name was being vacuumed up - it was there, but fading.

  I was dripping sweat, but I knew better to not to stop. My legs had taken me to wherever due to my mind being clouded and all of my gut feelings being taking over with emotions; anger, being the first, and utterly upset, then came in the love I had for Alex, and wishing to be with him.