42. Lost in Stereo

I dare ya to comment as much as you can aye ;)

Chapter 42 - Lost in Stereo 

     I hated surprises.

    They suck and whoever invented surprises sucks too.

   I laid multiple different types of outfits on my bed. There was the ‘causal-but-kinda-trying-too-hard’ outfit, ‘causal-but-not-trying-at-all, ‘pop-punk-casual’, and five other outfits along with them.

  I stared at them in my towel, deciding what would be best. I had no idea, or a single hint to where we were going. Was I supposed to dress warm? Or fancy?

     Well, automatically, any fancy outfits were out the door. If Alex was behind on his payments on his apartment, he certainly wouldn’t have room for a nice dinner, which I didn’t mind at all. I understood.

       Noticing the time, I quickly got changed in the ‘pop-punk-choice’, which contained my warm soft blue and black flannel, a blank tank top underneath, and simple washed up jeans with converse.

     I pulled my hair into a hair tie, keeping it casual, and not trying to try too hard.

    “Oh what the hell,” I heavily sighed.

   It was Alex after all. There was absolutely no reason for me to be so worried over my clothing choice. Alex loved me and that was what matter the most. So as I applied my eyeliner, I didn’t really give a damn if my wings weren’t twins anyway. Life was going to move on.

   Time was cutting short, making me hurry up faster with brushing my teeth and spraying perfume. I sighed contently as I took a last glimpse in the mirror, I looked good.

     Hurriedly, I walked out of my room with my wallet and leather shoulder bag in hand. I had to tiptoe down stairs, having to be extremely careful due to the fact my father was home.

       My hands lay carefully on the front door knob, gingerly opening it with a booming creaking noise. I cringed from the creak of the door, praying that my dad hadn’t heard it the slightest.

     Slowly, I went out the door successfully without any complications. The weather was cool against my skin, but the snow was completely gone and today the temperature reached high for the first time in forever.

       I trudged on forward and smiled at the spotting of the head lights of Alex’s car, which was parked just down the road. My legs worked faster to go unnoticed. I made it to his car and got in to the warm interior.

     Alex cheekily grinned and gave my lips a short peck, and hurriedly put the car in drive. He wore jeans and a simple Blink-182 shirt, the ordinary, but yet still quite attractive. His brunet hair was messily stiffed a little with hairspray, which was a new phase he had recently started. I didn’t mind. He was still good looking and appealing to look at.

    “So are you going to tell me where we’re going?” I urged, softly nudging his shoulder.

    He scoffed playfully and shook his head. “Not over my dead body.”

      His hand reached over to open his glove department and pulled out an unnamed CD. Inserting it into the radio, he turned the setting of the speakers to high.

“Mix tape of your favorite bands,” he stated, wiggling his eyebrows comically.

    I giggly smiled. The first song was Fat Lip by Sum 41, an all-time best. I cherished the mix-tapes Alex was constantly making for me. It was nice that he put effort into it and yet it was something so small and simple.