40. Seasons Changing

Chapter 40 -  Seasons Changing 

"W-what type of question is that?" He breathed, filled with exasperation and anger.

"A type of question that I want to be answered, Alexander." I said, crossing my arms firmly.

    His straining eyes stared into mine deeply, until his large hands cupped my cheeks, forcing me to look at him.

   "I want you, Laila. I don't want Brenna. She's Jack's girl, not mine. Jasey is a long gone thought, who just so happens to be married too.” He said, “You're my girl, and nothing will change that." He unexpectedly kissed me passionately right afterward. His lips alternated against mine in a slow passion determinedly. His tongue permitted permission in only seconds as everything began to intense.

    My arms wrapped around his neck, and my fingertips lightly brushed against his bed hair. At the point, I was relieved, and what he said, was what I needed to hear this whole time.

Reassurance

That's what I needed.

    "I love you, Laila, don't forget that." He mumbled sweetly onto my lips, pressing his forehead against mine.

     We stood there in the kitchen for what seemed like hours, just focusing on each other's faces, and getting lost into the time of day. His cheeks were softly rosy, and his brown eyes were just waking up.  There weren’t any words to summon how much I adored and loved Alex. He made me feel alive and free, and nobody had ever made me feel this way.

  His small smile nearly made me melt in his grasp, and when he kissed my forehead, I felt like I was floating in mid-air. The expression Alex’s face held was easy to read – he felt the same way too. All of this was right. Last night was right. Our relationship was right. Where we were was finally becoming good again.

   As the seconds passed, I noticed the apartment's air was still eerily cold, allowing my hot skin keeping up with a contrast between the two. There weren’t any artificial lights that were cascading over us, but a soft ray of the Sun streamed through the windows heavenly, keeping everything at peace.

    The small stroking of Alex’s hand on my back almost put me to sleep. It was so delicate and tender. It was love. He always had a special touch on me, and every time his fingertips gazed over my skin even the slightest, fire would flicker and it would never faded away no matter how hard I tried to forget about his ways on me (but it’s not like I ever wanted to forget the feeling anyway.)

“How are you feeling?” He asked, referring to last night.

    I shrugged. The tiny pain of durable, and not life threatening. “I'm okay," I answered him truthfully. 

    Feeling comforted, he kissed my nose with care, and nodded his head slightly; a sign that maybe we should move on with our lives, and that we couldn’t stand here forever.

      I made my way to his room, got changed into my fitted jeans from last night, and brushed my teeth with his tooth brush (not really caring at all), along with washing my face. I tried to find any possible cover-ups for the awful hickeys that overspread on my neck, but I was hopeless in this victimizing situation, besides that, Alex insisted to not cover them up, admitting he liked seeing them, and of course, a smirk played off on his face.

        But none the less, I remained in his black shirt, not really ready to surrender the warmth and the sense of relaxation.

    Alex, who had gotten ready, was on the phone, with someone I wished I was aware of. I was in the living room, munching on cereal as he talked through the receiver.