27. Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

Chapter 27 - Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

   Nausea filled within my stomach. Nearly falling to the ground due to the uneasiness surging into my veins, and my mind was spinning and wanted nothing more to erase the disturbing motion picture playing through my mind of the scene of Derek and Caleb

    Out of all people in the world, it just had to be freaking Caleb.

    The same Caleb, who happened to be the same brother of the married woman as known as Jasey, who had an affair with Alex, this, could not get poorer.

     "Oh my god," I panted, placing my icy hand on my sweltering forehead. My pace accelerated and my heart thumbed against my ribs overly unhealthy when I could hear the loud pattering footsteps of whom I assumed to be Derek's.

     He barged into my room fully clothed - thankfully. His loud pants and his bulging eyes clearly showed how much he was freaking out. He slammed the door shut, carefully raising his hand. I stopped my pacing, but my eyes had the hardest of time to even look at him.

   "I know what you're thinking," He cautiously said.

    You have no idea what I'm thinking.

    "Just please don't tell dad," He pleaded. "...yet."

     I shook my head, this was bizarre. I had no desire to tell my father, not all. The fact that it's with Caleb had shaken me up.

      Caleb was directly in my house, where I feel the safest besides in Alex's arms. Now, I feel like I've been ripped from my longtime safety. My sudden uncomfortable surroundings were screaming for me to run.

     "Is there something you'd like to tell me?" I choked out. Who knew, after all the countless amounts of girlfriends he went through, he's finally learning out that he's gay.

     "Please, Laila, I beg of you. Don't tell dad until I know for sure." His voice cracked with his eyes being droopy, holding a great amount of worriedness. Now I truly know the reason of why he's been acting up. All the past weeks with him being jumpy and always nervous wasn't because of Kenzie, it was because of him questioning his sexuality.

    "Until you know for sure?" I raised my eyebrow, crossing my arms. "By now doing what you just did, you'd think you would technically know what you are sure of." I gave him a suspicious look. Me being his younger sister, it was time to play a little game of payback. Derek had no idea of who Caleb was to me. To Derek, he naturally thought that Caleb didn't know who I was and the equally same way with me to Caleb. But that's plainly wrong.

   "Laila," He sighed with a whine.

   "Alright," I rolled my eyes.

      He gave me a small hug before he left my room. Even though I wasn't portraying any of the anxiety building rapidly in me, it was still strongly nudging and pinching every piece of my nerves.

     I landed on my bed, screaming into my pillow, emptying all the stress and burden that's been piled on me these past weeks.

     Caleb knew very well of my relationship status of Alex and me, meaning with him possibly being around more often, he will take advantage of that. He'll waste no time with making my life a living Hell - he's already doing the same with Alex. There's no way of knowing to what extent he will reach just to jeopardize my relationship with Alex.

    A sense of protectiveness that I held towards our relationship released. I wasn't going to have someone like Caleb ruin the perfect thing of what I cherish with my entire heart on a daily basis to every second of the day.