Chapter two

[ Chapter two] (edited)

I don't own wizarding world.

The peace of library welcomed her as she dumped her bag in the table and sat down her mind wandering.

She was not being able to really concentrate today, she had no idea what was wrong with her today. Shaking her head, she took out a new parchment and her quill, and she began scribbling on the crisp parchment. She had to write a thirteen foot essay on wolfs transformation process, transformation. Her mind went to Lupin, and the memories of the horrible war began. The bodies lying lile anything, blood, curses flying everywhere, and that errie, errie atmosphere.

Calm down Hermione. she told herself. Take deep breaths.

Inhale

Exhale

Inhale

Exhale

She closed her eyes, calming her thumping heart down. Her brown eyes brimmed with tears, the memories of the war threatened to take over her, threatened to cross out the days and replace it with horror, replace her every good memory so that horrors unfolded instead of days, but she refused. Refused to let the past take her down.She wouldn't answer the calls of the past, her life was different today, the horror was over, it was now time for the light.

After finally calming her heart down, she went back to her assignment with one last sigh.

~•~

Draco clenched his fists, barely being able to supress his rage. He wouldn't allow it. Wouldnt allow them to provoke him. If he acted out of anger, things were bound to get worse.

People who were less understanding, those who hated him for his deeds were always trying to anger him, searching for an opportunity to provoke him and make him lose control but he wouldn't . He had learned, learned not to behave on impulse, the war had done one good thing, that was making him mature.

He sighed. He'd missed his patrol duty the day before and in the morning he saw Hermione giving him a death glare. He didn't know why she'd be angry though, he instead thought shed be happy to not have to do patrolling with her.

Especially, with their history. His actions made him ashamed of himself.

Shame

It was an intensely painful feeling. Perhaps, shame was a companion to death. His past actions never left him, sometimes he wished he could forget, it was past afterall, there was no point thinking about what was already done, but it was impossible, the energy it took to unknow his past was exhausting. So all he could do was wallow in guilt and shame, being aware that it was slowly weighing him further and further down towards the unknown suffering of voidness.

Draco felt his blood run cold as he finally climbed at the tallest tower of Hogwarts.

The Astronomy Tower.

The same place where he had almost committed a murder. He stood frozen at the door, staring at the spot where he stood that night with his wand aloft, his steely eyes slowly gazed to the spot where Dumbledore had stood, fearless to death, kind and wise untill his last breath. Draco remembered how he had been blasted up in the air after being hit with the killing curse, how he had fallen from the height, leaving the school forever.

His breath stopped. His heart thumped like he was running from death, sweat broke down in his face and he turned and stumbled down the stairs.

He needed to leave.

He couldn't bear to stand there, in the place that haunted his nightmares.

He couldn't.

He was a coward.