thirty

8 MONTHS LATER

Harry

"Happy birthday dear Josie, happy birthday to you!" We all sang to Josie as she smiled down at her birthday cake.

"Make a wish, Princess." I whispered to her, and she squeezed her eyes shut before taking a deep breath and blowing out her four candles.

We all clapped as she sat back excitedly, ready to eat her cake.

It was Josie's fourth birthday today of course. Kevin, Erica, Serena, Oliver, Ezra, along with Gemma and my mum who had flown down to visit were celebrating with us.

I watched as a smiling Amanda bounced four-month-old baby Max on her hip, and cut into Josie's Doc McStuffins themed cake, and placed a few slices on plates.

While everyone was occupied with the cutting of the cake, I snuck back to our bedroom and opened the nightstand on my side, pulling out a small, velvet black box.

After I was released from the hospital eight months ago, Amanda did everything she could to make sure I was as comfortable as possible. She and Kevin had made a ramp for me to get up the stairs into our house, and she had set up the sofa bed downstairs, since I couldn't get up the stairs at all.

And every night she slept down there with me, no matter how many times I told her to go enjoy the comfort of a real bed.

Every day she helped me get to the bathroom, get in and out of my clothes, and around the house.

I opened the box slowly and examined the inside.

The diamond ring that Kevin helped me choose sat perfectly underneath the lining, and I couldn't help but grin at the sight.

A few weeks after I had gotten out of my wheelchair, and was using my boot, I asked Kevin to help me pick out a ring for Amanda.

I thought back to my first night back home; I couldn't sleep, and I guess Amanda couldn't either, because she turned to me, looking deep into my eyes before giving me a kiss.

"I just want you to know that my life is so much better with you in it." She told me softly. "and I don't want you to ever feel like it wouldn't be."

I reached up and kissed her slowly, not realizing that I had missed it.

I knew then that she was always going to be the one for me.

I think I had known it before, but I just tried to fight the feeling. It was all very new to me, and I hate to admit it but, a little bit scary...

I snapped out of my memories and picked up the box and held it in my hand, preparing myself for what was to come.

I told Josie about my plan a few weeks ago, and I was going to wait, but she begged me to do it today.

She said that was the only thing she wanted for her birthday.

I made my way back into the dining room where the they all were gathered around the table, and Josie looked over at me.

"Mommy, Daddy, can we open presents?" Josie grinned, gesturing to the gifts on the table.

"Of course, sweetie." Amanda told her, placing Max into Kevin's open arms and then walked over to me as we watched Josie grab the first one she saw.

"She's getting so big." I sighed, pulling Amanda to me. "I swear she was just a baby a few months ago..."

"I know." She breathed, resting her head on my chest. "I wish she could stay this small forever."

"Oh wow!" Josie exclaimed as she unwrapped a pair of new baby blue ballet shoes. "Thank you aunty Serena!" She grinned, holding the shoes and skipping over to Serena to give her a hug.

Once she had unwrapped all her gifts from our family and friends, Josie turned to me with her puppy dog eyes.

"Daddy can we open your present?" She said softly, looking back at me expectantly and I knew what that meant.

It was time.

"What are you talking about, kiddo?" Amanda laughed, kissing the top of Josie's head as she looked back at me. I took a deep breath and stepped up to her, grabbing her hand.

"I just want you to know that I love you," I told her "We've come a really long way and I know I haven't exactly been the easiest to be with, but you never gave up on me." I spoke, looking into her bright blue eyes. "I've wanted to do this for so long and Josie gave me her blessing, so..."

I knelt down on one knee and I watched as her eyes widened and she took a step back.

"Harry..."

"Will you marry me, Amanda?" I proposed, hearing her friends gasp from behind her. Her mouth was agape at she looked down at me, almost frozen in place, but then she started to smile.

"Yes," She breathed, nodding her head. "Yes, of course, Harry!" She exclaimed and I pulled her to me and let out a breath of relief.

Even though this wasn't my first time, it was surely my last.

She pulled away and reached up to kiss me as our family and friends cheered from around us. When we pulled a part, Josie nudged her way in between us , and I picked her up.

"I'm happy you said yes, mommy." Josie giggled, looking at Amanda, and I pulled both of them to me.

"I am too, sweetie." She grinned, and kissed me again. "I love you, Harry."

"I love you you too, kitten."

--
voila the end

**read below

so sorry for not updating in a while. these past few weeks have been a lot, I got sick with strep and dillon was taking care of me, then he got it so I had to take care of him lmao

we're just thankful it wasn't coronavirus or anything worse

but ive just been super tired but I'm getting back on my grind! I also wanted to get the third book ready for you guys for this very moment hehe

the first couple chapters are up right now it's called "Play Teacher" & im so excited for you guys to read

there are purposely going to some parallels between this third book and the first book, but there are also going to be some drastically different plot points in this next one

it's going to be way longer than this book and probably a little bit longer than the first as well

I hope you guys enjoy <3

-mel