five

Harry

The next day, Julia and I were going to grab lunch while Josie was at dance practice for a couple hours.

I was actually surprised that I was nervous. Not nervous in the usual way though.

I just hadn't been on a real date in three years.

I walked up to the entrance, when she just so happened to walk up at the same time.

"Hi, Harry." She spoke, giving me a seductive grin. She was wearing a short blue sundress, her feet tucked into short white heels and her dark hair billowing behind her.

No matter how conflicted I was feeling, I couldn't deny that Julia was absolutely stunning.

"You look great." I told her and she winked.

"Let's go inside."

-

"So tell me about yourself." She said, after we sat down and ordered.

I was starting to pick up on the fact that Julia was very straightforward, but I liked it. I think that was what I needed.

"Um, I have a 3 year old daughter... her names Josie," I blurted out and she laughed.

"The little girl in the coffee shop...," she breathed, looking at me carefully. "She's adorable."

"Thanks. And I'm a doctor- well a pediatrician more specifically." I informed her and she nodded.

"What about you?"

"I'm a teacher." She cooed. "High school."

"Oh wow," I chuckled. "The older kids must give you a hard time."

"Not really. They just like to try and flirt." She winked again, and we both laughed.

After our food came, Julia sat back and looked at me again. I could tell she was thinking up another question.

"If you don't mind me asking, what about Josie's mom. Are you two..." she trailed off, but I knew what she was getting at.

I knew that question was going to come eventually.

"We're not together... um let's just say we aren't right for each other." I answered and she nodded, her eyes still locked with mine.

That wasn't entirely a lie, because Amanda would probably think so. But I didn't believe it. Or better yet, I didn't want to believe it.

"I understand," she spoke, taking a deep breath. "Relationships suck." She smirked, taking a sip of her drink and I laughed.

"That they do, Julia."

--

Sorry for such a short chapter but don't worry I'll make up for it very soon so be prepared

-Mel