thirteen

Amanda

The next day Josie and I were feeling a lot better, so Harry went back home.

Jack was finally coming back in a few hours, and I couldn't wait. I hated being alone for too long.

Josie and I were sitting in the living room watching Doc McStuffins, when my phone rang.

It was Harry; which was weird seeing as he only left about an hour ago.

"Hello?" I answered, and I could hear him sigh on the other end.

"Um, hey, I just wanted to check on you," He started. "Uh, I just remembered that Patrick is being released today and I... just wanted to make sure you were okay."

I took a deep breath and held it in for a few minutes before I exhaled.

Three years ago after everything happened, Jordan was sent back to Bellevue, a psychiatric hospital in New York, and Patrick went to prison for three years.

They told us when he would be released, but I guess with school and traveling, I had forgotten.

"Amanda, are you there?" Harry spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"Do you need me to come stay with you, because I-"

"No, I'm fine." I breathed. "Jack should be back in a couple hours, so... we're good." I told him.

"Okay, well... just let me know if you need anything."

"I will. Thanks, Harry." I said before hanging up, and sighing a heavy sigh.

"What's wrong, mommy?" Josie asked looking up at me. I pulled her to me and held her tight, giving her a kiss on top of her head.

"Nothing, sweetie."

-

"Jack!" Josie exclaimed, as he walked through the front door around 8 pm, dropping his suitcases to give her a hug.

"There's my little dancer." He grinned. "Did you teach your mommy any new moves while I was gone?"

She nodded, and then stood back, jumping into a leap and then a turn.

"Oh, wow," he gasped. "You're going to have to teach me that one." He told her and she smiled. He then looked at me, and pulled me to him, giving me a kiss on the mouth.

"How's my number one girl?" He questioned.

"Perfect, now that you're back." I whispered, giving him another kiss. "Dinner is the kitchen, and Josie already ate, so I'm going to go get her ready for bed." I told him. "When I come back I want to hear all about your trip."

I led Josie to the bathroom where I helped her brush her teeth and change into her pajamas.

"Let's get you to bed, big girl." I cooed, chasing her to her bedroom, where she jumped onto the bed, giggling as she did so. I tucked her in and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight, baby." I whispered, about to turn off her light before she stopped me.

"Mommy." She muttered, looking at me with big green eyes.

"Yeah, sweetie?"

"Can daddy stay with us more?" She questioned, and I really didn't know what to say. I looked at her and could see that she must've been really thinking about it for a long time.

"Sweetie, um daddy can't stay with us, because he has his own... home to go back to," I told her, not really sure if what I was saying was making sense, but I hoped it was. I don't know why questions like this always threw me off...